Your career has a huge impact on your life, in many ways. Not only will it influence your overall salary potential and things like insurance or retirement plans, but having the right job can help you feel more satisfied in life and appreciate what you do during the day more. In short, a good job can give you happiness and fulfillment.
One option that is worth thinking about is becoming a real estate agent, and earning your license in Arkansas could help you find that perfect job that you’ve been looking for. However, in order to become a real estate agent you must meet the various Arkansas real estate license requirements and then take the test to get your license. It can take some time to complete all of the Arkansas real estate license requirements, but once you do you’ll see that the hard work and effort was well worth it.
With that in mind, I think it’s worth examining the specifics of how to meet the Arkansas real estate license requirements and become a real estate agent. You may be surprised by modern programs and their flexibility in making it possible for anyone to become a realtor.
Best Online Real Estate Schools For 2022
A Closer Look At The Arkansas Real Estate License Requirements
In order to become an Arkansas real estate agent, you have to meet the basic Arkansas real estate license requirements.
There are several key things that you’ll need to do in order to become a basic real estate salesperson. These include:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Complete a total of 60 hours of classroom education from an accredited, licensed school. Half of those 60 hours must focus on the principles of real estate.
- Sit for and take the Arkansas real estate license exam.
- Send all forms and fees to the Arkansas real estate commission within 90 days of passing your exam.
- Upon receiving your license, you still must complete 18 hours of post-license education.
These are the basics of meeting the Arkansas real estate license requirements for a salesperson. Those wanting to move further and become a broker will have to continue additional real estate training and work as a salesperson for at least 24 months within the 48 months prior to their application, as well as meet additional requirements.
However, if you’re looking to change careers and start selling real estate, the Arkansas real estate license requirements above are the main points you’ll have to meet.
Can You Meet The Arkansas Real Estate License Requirements Through Online Courses?
One of the biggest challenges for those who want to become a real estate agent is just being able to meet the basic Arkansas real estate license requirements. In particular, the educational aspect of the process can seem daunting to those who already have a job, family, or other responsibilities. However, for those who are in a situation like this, there is still hope. You can enroll in online programs and complete the basic educational requirements through the internet.
Technology has come a long way, and today’s online programs are far more respected than those of just a few years ago. In fact, many programs are fully online and are just as well-regarded as their traditional, offline counterparts.
If you’re considering enrolling in one of these programs, the basics of what to expect aren’t hard to understand. Here’s a quick rundown of what these programs involve.
- Instead of visiting a classroom each day, you will receive an email with your lesson plan. This email may include a variety of materials ranging from video links to text lessons, and will generally include an assignment along with a deadline.
- There is no restriction on when you open your email or when you do the schoolwork, but the important thing to remember is that you’ll have to complete the assignment by the deadline. Failure to do so will lead to failing out of the class eventually.
- Streaming video, images, text lessons, and other methods of teaching are all used in a program, and an online program will meet the standards set forth by Arkansas real estate license requirements for schools. In short, you get an education just as good as a traditional one.
- Since you have no restriction or obligation as to when you attend a class, those who are currently working a full-time job or who have other obligations can enroll in these online classes and fulfill the Arkansas real estate license requirements, getting the chance to better their career path in their free time.
- Chat rooms and online forums are also set up to give students a place to connect, letting them talk to others and participate in class discussions. This helps provide a sense of a real school and can help motivate you for success.
- Upon completion of the program, you’re given the ability to sign up for the licensing exam. If you pass, you can then begin to sell real estate in the state of Arkansas.
It’s important to note that while the freedom provided by online programs means that you are more likely to fit your education into your schedule, you also need to remember that you’ll have to be self-motivated and driven to succeed. You’ll be completing most of your lessons in the privacy of your home, which means that you have to stay focused throughout the process.
As long as you’re motivated and driven, you should have no trouble enrolling in an online program and moving towards your dream of a new career. The key is knowing that it will take hard work and dedication before you start.
The Bottom Line
The simple fact is that real estate is a thriving field that can offer tremendous rewards to you. The basic requirements can be met through online programs, and there has really never been a better time than the present to consider enrolling in online courses and moving towards the future that you deserve.
If you’re serious about your future, online Arkansas real estate programs could help you reach your goals in a big way.