If you’re looking to become an appraiser in Mississippi, the first thing you need to complete is your education.
Now, if you’re busy, you might not find the time to attend an actual real estate school, which is why doing it online is your best option.
However, there are very few reliable online real estate schools provided in Mississippi. This is why we made a list for you, so you’ll know which are the best ones in the state.
You can be sure that these best real estate appraisal courses in Mississippi that we’ll mention here are reliable, state-approved, and will help achieve your career goals.
So let’s get reviewing!
3 Best Real Estate Appraisal Courses in Mississippi
These are the 3 best real estate appraisal course providers:
Let’s discuss each one to know why they landed on our top 3 spots!
McKissock pioneered in offering appraisal education since 1990—making them the most reliable online appraisal school. Right now, they offer a wide range of real estate courses that help in the success of hundreds of thousands of professionals every year!
Their Mississippi Appraisal Education courses earned an average of 4.44 out of 5-star ratings. This proves that they offer high-quality and up-to-date courses to help you start your career as an appraiser.
Aside from their appraisal courses, they offer three packages:
- 79-hr The Basic Package for 899.95 – this package only includes the courses that you need to be a licensed Trainee or Intern Appraiser
- 79-hr Advanced Pro Package for $1,149.95 – the additional feature you get is a weekly Q&A session led by instructors for one hour
- MS QE Unlimited Learning Subscription for $1,399.00 – you get unlimited access for one year. This also includes monthly webinars, weekly Q&As, online community, discounts, content library, and more! What’s more, you will save up to $2,800!
Hondros College of Real Estate was founded in 1981. Ever since then, they have helped thousands of aspiring professionals obtain their certifications and licenses. Due to their success, they have become well-known as an online learning platform.
Through the years, Hondros have been upgrading their platform to improve students’ navigation and match different learning styles. For their online courses, you can choose live classes or independent lessons. If you’re undecided, you can even choose both!
They are one of the few online real estate schools that offer appraisal courses. They offer a 75-hr National Trainee Package that costs $899.00. While their individual courses start at $299.
What we like about Hondros College is they offer 24/7 customer support! Whenever you need help, you know you can just always contact them.
As of today, Hondros College has partnered up with McKissock to provide a quality pre-licensing appraisal course.
Dynasty School has been offering quality distance learning since 1991. They offer appraisal qualifying education in selected states, including Mississippi. They are also partnering with Mckissock to provide appraisal continuing education.
Here are some of the appraisal packages they offer in Mississippi:
- Initial/Trainee Package (75 hours) for $895
- Initial/Trainee Package (90 hours) for $895
- Initial Trainee plus Licensed Package (150 hours) for $1,599 for a one-year subscription and $1,899 for a two-year subscription.
They offer flexible payment plans for all their courses. You have an option to pay $100 per month until you paid off the total cost of the course.
If you decide to cancel the course for any reason, you can do so within 7 days. However, there will be a 5% cancellation fee.
Mississippi Online Real Estate School FAQS
What are the Requirements to Become A Licensed Appraiser in Mississippi?
To become licensed, you must meet the basic requirements, complete a qualifying appraisal education, and fulfill the number of hours of work experience.
The basic requirement is you should be 18 years old or older and have a valid Social Security Number.
The Mississippi Real Estate Appraiser has 4 levels of licensing, namely:
- Trainee or Appraiser Intern
- Complete the 75-hr Appraisal Education
- No college-level and work experience are needed
- Licensed Residential Appraiser
- Complete the 150-hr Appraisal Education
- Have an Associate Degree or higher. Or complete 30 semester credit hours
- Fulfill the 2,000 hours of appraisal work experience
- Certified Residential Appraiser
- Complete the 200-hr Appraisal Education
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Fulfill the 1,500 hours of appraisal work experience
- Certified General Appraiser
- Complete the 300-hr Appraisal Education
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Fulfill the 3,000 hours of appraisal work experience
Which is Better: Taking the Appraisal Courses Online or In-Classroom?
While it will depend on your learning style and preferences, taking the appraisal courses online is quicker, easier, and cheaper. It’s also more convenient for those who are working or have a daily routine.
Compared to in-classroom classes, you won’t have to compromise or adjust your schedule if you’re taking an online course. You can learn and finish it at your own pace. You can access the courses anytime using any device, too.
The only disadvantage is the lack of face-to-face interaction. But several online schools have online forums where students and instructors can interact.
How Much Does a Mississippi Real Estate Appraiser Make?
The salary of a real estate appraiser depends on the level of licensing, experience, and company. According to ZipRecruiter, the average annual salary of a real estate appraiser in Mississippi is $76,406 per year or $36.73 per hour as of July 11, 2021.
To become a trainee or a licensed appraiser, you need to take the necessary steps to kickstart your career. Taking online or in-person appraisal courses is a basic requirement.
In this article, we gave you 3 credible online real estate schools that offer high-quality appraisal courses.
Choosing where to take your appraisal courses is crucial to having a successful career as a real estate appraiser in Mississippi.