Taking the Iowa real estate licensing exam can be nerve-wracking.
And failing it on your first attempt can affect your confidence. Not to mention it’ll cost you more to retake it and take you longer to get your license.
However, there’s a tried and tested way to pass the licensing exam on the first try. And if you’ve been wondering how to do that, then you’ve come to the right place.
The absolute best way to prepare for your licensing exam is by taking an exam prep program.
This will condition you for the actual exam by simulating a testing experience and familiarizing you with commonly asked questions.
If you’re interested, then let’s take a look at the best real estate exam prep in Iowa this 2023.
What are the Best Real Estate Exam Prep Providers in Iowa?
We narrowed down the list to the 5 best providers in the state. These are:
Let’s see what each one can offer.
Colibri Real Estate is the leading online real estate school in the US. So it’s great that they offer an exam prep program, too.
This program costs only $99.
And what will you get with it?
For one, you can go through digital flashcards. These will help you memorize the real estate terms and definitions.
Then, you get 3 types of exams.
- Progress Exams – There are 10 progress exams, each with 45 questions. This will help you check your knowledge.
- Final Exams – These exams mimic the real thing. There are 2 National exams and 3 state-specific exams.
- Custom Exams – This will allow you to create your own exam from topics that you struggle with. This way, you will get even better at them.
Finally, you have a Pass or Don’t Pay guarantee. This states that, if you get 80% of all the Progress and Final exams, plus you take the Iowa licensing exam within 30 days, and you still fail, they will refund the whole program.
PrepAgent was created solely for real estate exam prep. This means that they placed all their resources to provide only the best prep.
And boy have they delivered!
Unlike Colibri Real Estate which has only 1 plan, you can choose from 3 with PrepAgent. These are:
- Basic ($59) – gives you access to the program for 1 week. Includes thousands of National and Iowa-specific questions (updated for 2023) and a 100% no-risk money-back guarantee
- Deluxe ($79) – gives you access to the program for 1 month. Includes everything in the Basic plan, plus real estate exam prep videos, hours of audio lessons, online interactive flashcards, and an exam prep ebook.
- Premium ($99) – gives you access to the program for 1 year. In addition to the previous plan, you get interactive vocabulary worksheets, live online webinars, and hours of recorded webinars.
Talk about a lot of RESOURCES!
So depending on your budget or needs, you can select the one that fits YOU best.
Here’s a full PrepAgent review – take a look inside the course!
Another great exam prep option for aspiring real estate professionals is CompuCram.
CompuCram offers exam prep programs for different industries, such as insurance, mortgage lending, and, of course, real estate!
With CompuCram, more than 500,000 students passed their exams on the first try. That’s an impressive stat!
This just shows you how prepared they make you.
Now, for their real estate exam prep in Iowa, their “all-in-one” system comes in three steps:
- Study Vocabulary. Memorizing real estate vocabulary is one of the most important things you need to do before your exam. CompuCram has you covered with 3 different testing modes: fill in the blanks, matching vocabulary, and flashcards.
- Practice Testing. CompuCram offers dynamic practice tests for every exam category. With their enormous pool of practice questions, you’re sure to never see the same test sequence twice. Written by industry experts, CompuCram is also up to date with their questions.
- Simulated Exam. Lastly, CompuCram offers a simulated exam that mimics the actual real estate licensing exam. You get the same number of questions, the same categories, and the same time limits.
What’s more, there’s a free pre-assessment to help you assess your skills so you know what topics to focus on.
And as you go through their program, they have a handy Readiness indicator that tracks how well you’ve been doing. Best of all, it will tell you when you’re ready to take the Iowa real estate exam.
Need to review on the go? CompuCram’s interface is mobile and tablet-friendly. Even when you’re out and about, you can still view flashcards and take practice tests.
The CE Shop is known as the one-stop shop for all things real estate education. And because of that, you can trust that they offer a comprehensive exam prep program.
If you feel like you only need prepping for the National or state questions, then you can find indivual packages for those, costing $56.25.
But if you want both in one package, then they have that, too, for $93.75.
What’s great about The CE Shop’s Exam Prep Edge is that it all starts with a self-assessment.
From the results, their interactive dashboard will help you know where you need to to put more focus. And, as you study their lessons and take their simulated exams, the dashboard will tell you when you’re ready for the actual exam.
How cool is that?
Practice makes perfect…
This is why The CE Shop allows you to take unlimited practice exams.
Don’t worry. These practice exams are dynamic, which means there won’t be any identifcal exams that pop up.
Last one our list is the household name, Kaplan Real Estate Education.
Okay, we’ll admit now, their exam prep program isn’t as resourcesful as the other providers.
That said, they still help you be more than prepared to take the Iowa Real Estate Exam. And isn’t that what it’s all about?
In their package, you get thousands of questions on both the National and Iowa-specific portions of the licensing exam.
Other features include a Progress Tracker and a place for personal notes and bookmarks.
So like we said. It isn’t the more resourceful, but it does get you ready to pass the Iowa Real Estate Exam with flying colors.
Who hosts the Iowa Real Estate Licensing Exam?
The Iowa Real Estate Licensing Exam is administered by the PSI and given on a computer.
How many questions are in the Iowa Real Estate Licensing Exam?
The Iowa Real Estate Licensing Exam consists of 80 national and 40 state-specific questions. To pass, you will need to get a score of at least 70% on both portions or 56 and 28 correct answers, respectively.
You will know the results as soon as you finish the exam.
Why should I take a real estate exam prep course in Iowa?
Taking the mandatory pre-licensing courses does not guarantee success in the licensing exam. Sometimes, even when exam takers study extensively, they do not do well on the test because they don’t know what to expect.
A real estate exam prep course eliminates this mistake by letting them experience the testing environment beforehan, plus pinpointing areas the students need to study on.
As with everything, practice makes perfect. And that is exactly what a real estate exam prep course is there for.
So while you’re waiting for your scheduled licensing day, why not take an exam prep course?
We promise that it will help you be more confident. And, if you really studied well, it will let you pass the exam on the first try.
If you select any of the best real estate exam prep providers in Iowa, then you’re sure to be in great hands.