If you’re one of the many who are thinking that a career change is right for you, it’s important to make a move that will offer you financial and personal rewards. Few fields can match what the world of real estate has to offer here, and when you consider the salary potential, the more flexible schedules, and the personal satisfaction and feelings of accomplishment that it can provide it becomes clear that it’s a great option for many.
But the process of becoming a real estate agent isn’t always that easy for some. The biggest reason is simply a matter of time, and since schools often require between 90 and 150 hours of coursework it often feels like getting a real estate license is out of reach for those who are already holding down jobs. But getting a real estate license online is an option worth considering, and one that could bring your dream into reality. Still, there are numerous things you’ll need to know about getting a real estate license online.
Best Online Real Estate Schools For 2022
How Does Getting A Real Estate License Online Work?
Understanding the basics of getting a real estate license online isn’t that difficult to do, either. Each state has its own requirements in terms of what is covered during coursework and how many hours you must complete, but aside from that, you’ll notice that the process is straightforward.
- You’ll be given assignments and lessons via email as well as through videos that you access through the school’s hub. All assignments have a deadline, and you complete them by the date and time due. When you complete the study time and the assignments is up to you.
- Some schools have a forum or message board you can access to talk to other students. Additionally, you will be able to contact instructors when needed.
- Quizzes and interactive lessons are also used to help you master the information that the course covers.
- Upon completion of the online course you’ll meet the requirements that your state has for getting a real estate license online – or offline. From there, you go through the application and testing process set forth in your state.
This is the basic process – you get assignments and lessons online and complete the work on your computer, submitting it back to the school. It’s a process that fits into most people’s schedules much more easily and that deserves a closer look when you’re in need of a better path to your new career.
What Happens After The Online Education?
Once you’re finished with the online education and meet the classroom hour requirements of your state, you’ll be largely finished with the online part of getting a real estate license online. The next steps will vary from state to state, but generally include:
- Apply for the real estate license exam
- Undergo fingerprinting and background checks required by your state
- Take the real estate exam and complete it
At this point, you should be able to enter the field. Most states require that you go to work for a real estate brokerage for a period of time before you can move into opening a brokerage of your own. That initial time period lets you master the practice of real estate in the field and is the best step towards a brighter future.
You’ll need to check the specific requirements for the exam and the application process in your state, but they are generally straightforward and simple enough for those who are going through the process. And your online education will give you all the information you need to pass the exam and get your license.
Benefits of Getting A Real Estate License Online
There are numerous benefits that you’ll enjoy when getting a real estate license online. Since you’re taking classes over the internet, the process removes the hassle and stress of attending courses in person, which makes it a much better option for those who are working full time jobs. Some of the main benefits you’ll experience include:
- Less expense since you don’t have to pay additional costs for travel or food. You’ll learn at home, simplifying your budget. You’ll still have a tuition to pay, but it’s comparable to those you would pay in a traditional class.
- Numerous ways to learn. Most online programs use a variety of things like email, video lectures, and more. You can also directly contact an instructor when you need to, either through email or phone in some cases.
- More flexible schedules. You’ll still have a deadline that you have to meet on assignments, but you can complete the work whenever it is convenient for you. This means that you will be able to fit your education into your day whenever it is best for you.
- You’ll be able to learn in a more relaxed, comfortable environment as well. While it’s easy to get distracted when learning at home, those who have some measure of motivation and focus will be able to enjoy learning from the comfort of their own home.
Simply put, when you’re getting a real estate license online you’ll be able to enjoy the entire process much more completely and earn your license without some of the stress that can come from a traditional, brick and mortar real estate program.
Is Getting A Real Estate License Online Right For You?
The first question that most have is simply why getting a real estate license online makes sense as a better option. It’s important to remember that some people just don’t want to use online education, and like the structured classroom setting. But for others, getting a real estate license online is a perfect fit.
Think about how you learn best, what you need from an educational program, and whether or not you are able to stay focused without direct supervision. Be honest with yourself. If you have the drive and motivation to enter the real estate world, there’s a very good chance that getting a real estate license online will be a perfect fit for you and your needs.