Every year, millions of people decide that the time is right to start taking steps to improve their lives in various ways. And one of the most popular methods of doing so is to become a realtor.
California now has one of the most vibrant, diverse, and robust real estate markets in the country.
From million dollar mansions to smaller, more affordable starter homes, California has it all.
Before you can start selling property in the state, however, you’ll have to take the steps required to get a real estate license online. Luckily, the state is one of several in the country that allows you to do so online if you choose. Doing so offers plenty of benefits, and for those who are already busy with their personal lives and their current jobs, an online program may be the best path to a new career.
How to Get A Real Estate License in California
Once you’re ready to start moving towards a better future, you’ll need to understand the basic steps needed to get a real estate license in California. Whether you complete the process online or offline, there are a few basic requirements that have to be met.
In order to get a real estate license in California, here’s what you’ll need to do.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete 135 hours of education
- Apply for the exam application
- Complete fingerprinting and background checks as required by the state
- Take the exam
These steps are the fundamentals that are involved in earning your license, and in order to get a real estate license in California, you’ll need to be able to complete each of them. It takes time and effort, but the process is worth it when compared to the potential career benefits that it can bring.
Getting Your Licenses Online
Obviously, the 135 hours of required education is a big hurdle for those who are currently working a full-time job or handling other responsibilities. As such, finding a better way is something that might be needed.
Luckily, it’s possible to get a real estate license in California using the internet. In order to do so, the same requirements listed above still apply. However, the 135 hours of education will be able to be completed online. Sites like Real Estate Express or Rockwell Institute can help make it easier for you to locate the right online classes to help you get a real estate license in California.
Through online courses, a few things will take place. Here’s a basic breakdown of what is usually involved with online courses and how to get a real estate license in California by enrolling in them.
- Classes are taught via videos, text, and images that are either emailed directly to you, hosted on a website that you’ll log in to, or through an additional textbook that you may have to use as well.
- You’ll still have assignments, just as you would in a traditional program. But with online courses, those assignments can be completed when it is convenient for you. The deadline must be met, but instead of rushing to a class at a specific time each day you can do your schoolwork when it works best for you.
- Online programs like those available through Rockwell Institute also have online forums where you and other students can interact with one another and potentially talk about your education with your instructor. This makes it easier to avoid the feeling of isolation some might experience with online learning, and also helps you get morale support, answers to your question, and more.
- Good online programs will not only provide you with the full education needed to get a real estate license in California, but will also help you once you’re read for the exam. They’ll help you find the next available exam, provide you with study tests, and more. This way, you’ll be able to complete the classroom requirements and quickly move into the real estate field.
These are the basics of how to get a real estate license in California online. It’s a path to your goals that still requires work, but that can fit more easily into the lives of those who are currently juggling the many responsibilities that life can throw at them. As such, it’s an option that is well worth taking a look at for anyone in the state hoping to become a realtor.
Your Personal Efforts
The steps above are the basics needed to get a real estate license in California, but you’ll need to be willing to put forth a considerable amount of effort on your part. One of the main reasons that students may not succeed at moving into the real estate world is simply that they fail to understand just how much work it takes. This includes those who work to get a real estate license in California through online classes like those offered through Rockwell Institute. Online programs still require a considerable amount of effort, and as such it’s worth understanding a few basic facts:
- You’ll still have deadlines to meet with online courses. However, you can complete your lessons and classwork at any point during the day. As long as you meet the deadline, you’ll move towards completion.
- The process required to get a real estate licenses in California requires 135 hours of education no matter if you complete it online or through traditional courses. Either way, you must be willing to devote that much time to your education.
- Once that you’ve completed the required class work, you still have to take and pass the exam in order to get a real estate license in California. This is the culmination of your education, and the right classes will leave you fully prepared to pass it. However, it must be taken in person, and you must pass it in order to receive your license.
There are, naturally, a few obstacles that you’ll have to clear in order to get a real estate license in California. But once that you’ve done it, you’ll be able to enter the field of real estate and start enjoying all the benefits that it offers to you professionally and personally.