In Colorado, real estate brokers have incredible earning potential and can sell in very diverse geography. It’s really no wonder why Colorful Colorado is one of the top places for real estate professionals to get their start. For working professionals looking to obtain their real estate license in Colorado, online courses provide an option that allows you to continue with your current job and earning while bettering your future career and working towards an in-demand field with great earning potential. On average, a real estate professional in Colorado can expect to earn around $54,000 per year, which rises to up to $144,000 per year with experience and skill.
The path to obtaining a real estate license in Colorado isn’t a particularly difficult one, and one can become a licensed professional without a traditional 2 or 4 year degree.
The requirements to obtain a real estate license in Colorado are:
- One must be 18 years of age – In order to register with your chosen course and begin the journey to becoming a licensed real estate professional in Colorado one must first be 18 years of age. This age requirement is pretty standard for real estate professionals throughout the country, and it gives ambitious young people a career path they can embark on right away without having to go through a 2 or 4 year traditional degree. For those just out of high school, you can begin your real estate courses quickly after graduation and an 18th birthday, and be working in the field within the year with the right accredited course.
- Get accredited education hours – From an accredited school, one must then begin to complete their required education hours before earning a real estate license in Colorado. The amount of hours one must complete before taking their application exam is a minimum of 168 and these are comprised of a variety of subjects. The course breakdown includes 48 hours of real estate law and practice, 48 hours of Colorado contracts and regulations, 8 hours of trust accounts and record keeping, 8 hours of current legal issues, 24 hours on real estate closings, and 32 hours of practical applications. What these education hours cover is everything a person will need to know to begin their career as a professional Colorado real estate broker.
- Take the exam – After completing your course, you’ll then be required to take an exam before having your licensure application approved. Earning a real estate license in Colorado requires the passing of this exam which can be taken at various Colorado locations.
- Fingerprinting and background check – There is only one way a person will not obtain their real estate license in Colorado if they have the required accredited education hours and have successfully passed their exam, and this is if they fail to submit or do not pass their fingerprinting and background check. These items should be submitted at the time you submit you application after the passing of the licensure exam.
You can learn more about the requirements to obtain a Colorado real estate license here.
While this is the most common and popular path to earning a real estate license in Colorado, it isn’t the only path. For those who already hold real estate licenses in other jurisdictions or states, and licensed attorneys, you may not be required to complete the full 168 course credit hours and you could be fast-tracked to obtaining your real estate license in Colorado much sooner.
Best Online Real Estate Schools For 2021
The Best Way To Get A Real Estate License In Colorado Online
Completing your course credits is far and away the most time consuming and difficult part of getting a real estate license in Colorado.
This course is what is going to prepare you not just for your exam, but for your whole career foundation, so the course you choose is one that should be picked carefully. For the working professional, choosing an accredited online course is a great idea, and it provides to you a great deal of flexibility in embarking on a new career journey.
RealEstateExpress.com in particular allows you to begin your real estate license in Colorado journey with one of their complete accredited courses, it provides you with exam prep to go into the initial application exam confidently, and it covers continuing education to keep your career on a forward moving trajectory. A few benefits of choosing an accredited online course for your real estate license in Colorado are:
- Flexibility for working professionals – If you’re already a working professional in another field but are looking for a change, completing your real estate license in Colorado course credits online is a great idea. You won’t need to disrupt your schedule with attending another school in person, and your education will be on the exact schedule you need. If you work strange or late hours, you can simple complete an hour or two before bed each night, or in the mornings before going to your current job, and you’ll be well on your way.
- Great for families – For those with children or families to care for, working through your real estate license in Colorado online courses won’t take time away from your family either. With no commute and the ability to form your own schedule, you can still have all of the quality family time you need while improving your career to the lucrative one you want.
- Works for young people – For young people looking to get on board with a career that doesn’t require a traditional 2 to 4 year degree, they can work a day job while furthering their education in a successful field. In addition to this, if young people are working to put themselves through a 2 to 4 year degree, going through an online real estate license in Colorado course can help them to double their career potential while still working on completing their college education.
With an accredited school online, working to obtain your real estate license in Colorado is a simple and flexible career option. No matter where you may be currently in your day to day life, the flexibility of online school gives you an open door to a career with growth and earning potential.