There’s an old saying that goes ‘Everything’s bigger in Texas. One thing that this is certainly true of is the population numbers of cities here. Every year, locations like Dallas, Austin, Houston, and Fort Worth experience huge increases in their population. As such, it’s a state with one of the strongest real estate markets in the country.
The steady population growth is one reason for this, but when combined with a strong economy, good median salaries, and plenty of diversity in the inventory found in the housing markets, the fact is that Texas has one of the best potentials for those entering the field and hoping to earn a considerable amount.
But the first step is taking the time to actually get a real estate license in Texas, and for those who are already working a full-time job, it’s not always easy to do. Luckily, the state is one of several that allows you to complete your real estate education over the internet.
It’s possible to get a real estate license in Texas using online classes from sites like AceableAgent and could be the best option for anyone.
Best Texas Online Real Estate Schools For 2023
Texas Real Estate Requirements
Whether you go a traditional route or get a real estate license in Texas over the internet, there are several different requirements that have to be met in order to be able to sell property in the state. Here is a breakdown of the basic steps required to get a real estate license in Texas.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a resident of Texas
- Complete 180 hours of real estate education
- Schedule a licensing exam time and date, and provide fingerprints
- Take and pass the state exam
It’s also a good idea to obtain a sponsoring broker who will help serve as a mentor for you during the early stages of your career. Of the 180 hours of coursework, subjects covered will include:
- 60 hours on Real Estate Principles
- 30 hours on Law of Contracts
- 30 hours on Law of Agency
- 30 hours on Promulgated Contracts Forms
- 30 hours of Real Estate Finance
Upon completion of these courses, you’ll be qualified to sit for the exam and will be able to get a real estate license in Texas. You must send in an application to the TREC, and take the exam within one year of your application submittal. It’s important to remember that this qualifies you as a real estate salesperson – becoming a broker requires years of experience working as a salesperson. But, this is the first step towards whatever your ultimate goal may be.
Earning Your License Online
The process required to get a real estate license in Texas online is essentially the same as the one that is used through traditional programs. The only difference is that the 180 hours of coursework will be completed online instead of in a classroom. From there, you’ll take the same steps to apply for the exam and complete it.
Online classes offer the ability to avoid having to rush to a class each day since you can complete your education over the internet. Online courses use a variety of different tools to provide you with the education you need. Sites like AceableAgent can help connect you with the best program for your needs.
When you’re working to get a real estate license in Texas through online programs, you can expect a few things to be involved in your online class.
- Lessons are usually hosted on the school’s website and accessed via a log-in that you set up. In some cases they may be emailed directly to you, or an email will be sent notifying you of a new lesson.
- Classes taught online will involve a combination of video content, images, and text based education. Some programs may have occasional streaming lectures handled live, but this is rare.
- Forums are set up for students to access. There, they can connect with each other, ask questions, and get support throughout the duration of their studies.
- Upon completion of an online course, you’ll still have to take the exam in order to get a real estate licenses in Texas. Many programs will offer follow-up support resources such as practice tests or scheduling assistance for your exam.
In a world where time is precious, it makes sense that enrolling in online courses has become one of the most popular ways to get a real estate license in Texas. And with sites like CareerWebSchool making it easier to find the right program, it’s likely only going to become more popular.
Preparing Yourself For Success Online
Obviously, the process required to get a real estate license in Texas is involved, even when you go about it online. It’s important for anyone considering it to take a few minutes to prepare themselves for the process of online learning. Here are a few tips.
- Find the right program. Sites like KAPRE or AceableAgent make it easy to see what an online course offers and what it will involve, simplifying your search.
- Know that it’s a lot of work and that just because you’re taking a class online, it doesn’t mean that you’re on an easy path to a license. Preparing your mind and body for the investment of time and energy is important when you are working to get a real estate license in Texas.
- Get into a schedule. While online education is designed to fit into your day, it’s still a good idea to set up a clear time each day that you can complete your classwork. Humans are creatures of habit, and falling into a routine makes it easier to stay focused and motivated.
- Let your loved ones know about your efforts. Distractions can be detrimental to online learning, and ensuring that those close to you know that you have a period of time each day set aside for nothing but your education will help you avoid those potential distractions.
Online education makes it much easier for busy adults to get a real estate license in Texas. It’s a process that involves work from you, but that could lead you to a better life.