Whether you feel stuck in a rut, want to start earning more money, or just want to work in a career that offers you the chance for personal rewards and satisfaction, making a career change is something that many people decide to do.
Earning a California real estate agent license is one of the best ways to go about making that career change and finding full satisfaction as well as increased pay. California real estate markets are diverse, vibrant, and among the strongest in the country. They offer significant opportunity for those who want to better themselves.
Of course, first you have to actually earn your California real estate agent license, and the process will take time and effort on your part. Knowing what you’ll have to do is important, since it makes it easier to mentally and emotionally prepare yourself for the process. This will help ensure that you’re able to complete the educational requirements and get your California real estate agent license.
Best Online Real Estate Schools For 2021
Requirements To Earn Your California Real Estate Agent License
In order to earn your California real estate agent license, you’ll have to meet several requirements set forth by the state. IN particular, you’ll need to do the following.
- Be 18 years old and legally able to work in the state
- Complete 135 hours of education from an accredited program
- Apply for your exam, take it, and pass it
- Submit your fingerprints as well as undergo a background check
Once that you do these basic things, you’ll be able t receive your California real estate agent license and find a brokerage to work for. The educational courses required of you will give you the range of knowledge needed to pass the exam, get your California real estate agent license, and thrive in the field once you enter it. Some of the subject that will be covered include:
- Real estate principles
- Real estate economics
- Business law
- Real estate practice
- And more
It’s important to remember that if you want to work as a real estate agent, your California real estate agent license isn’t all that you’ll need. In the state, you must work in a brokerage – all real estate agents must have their license and be supervised by a licensed broker. After working for a period of time as an agent, you can also earn a broker license. However, it all begins by getting your California real estate agent license.
Earning Your California Real Estate Agent License Online
The biggest challenge for most people who want to earn their California real estate agent license isn’t understanding the coursework or finding a broker to work for. Instead, the biggest challenge is often simply time. More specifically, finding the time to fit 135 hours of classroom education into a busy schedule.
Luckily, it’s now possible to earn a California real estate agent license online, cutting out the need to struggle with your schedule. By doing so, you’re able to enjoy numerous benefits that can only come from online learning, including:
- Easier scheduling
- More free time
- Ability to learn in a more comfortable, relaxed environment
- No need to commute
- Learn at your pace
It’s not that difficult to see why so many people are embracing online education – it lets those with busy schedules and full-time jobs continue to get the education they need, regardless of their day to day routine.
However, it is important to note that you still have lots of work to do. Online courses don’t just hand you a California real estate agent license – you have to earn it, just like in a traditional program. You still have to meet the 135 hour requirement, and you still have plenty of classwork to complete in order to get the knowledge needed to become an agent. The only difference is that you’re doing this all over the internet. Here’s a rundown of how you’ll earn your California real estate agent license through an online program.
- You’ll use your email and access to the programs’ main online hub to receive your lessons. This will include study materials, video lectures, and other items that provide you with your education.
- You will be given assignments on a regular basis, along with a deadline for completion. Like the lessons themselves, you’re able to complete these assignments when you have the time in your schedule. However, you must meet the deadline in order to continue passing the course.
- Upon completion of the program you will take the same steps as with a traditional program – submit your fingerprints, undergo a background check, and then register for an exam.
Essentially, earning your California real estate agent license online is exactly the same as doing so through a traditional educational program, only that you’re completing the educational requirements online.
Tips For Better Online Success
Since it takes effort to get your California real estate agent license online, it’s important to give yourself all the advantages possible before and during the process. With that in mind, here’s a look at a few tips that can help you enroll and complete your education with as little hassle and stress as possible.
- Give Yourself Space – Set up an area in your home that will be your classroom. It should be free from distractions and located in a quiet part of the house.
- Set A Schedule – Try to complete your online education at the same time each day. This gets you and your loved ones into a routine, which will make it much easier to stick with your efforts.
- Turn Off And Tune In – Switch off your mobile phone. Turn off the TV. You want no distractions when you’re studying.
- Let Family Know – Tell friends and family that you’re working on your courses during the time you’ve designated for yourself. This way they don’t distract you.
- Use The Resources – Online programs use things like chat rooms and forums to help connect students. Use them when you feel unmotivated or when you need help with a lesson.
It’s possible to earn your California real estate agent license online and enter a rewarding field. The key is staying focused and disciplined as you do so. The tips above should help make it a reality for you.