Sometimes, a career change is the only way to break out of a frustrating situation. If you’re hoping to better yourself and your future, earn more money, and work in a field that offers you flexibility and a sense of personal accomplishment, real estate may be the way to go. Earning your real estate license in Massachusetts is the key to unlock this door and one that is well worth using.
Of course, you can’t just instantly become a real estate agent. You’ll have to get your real estate license in Massachusetts first, and that process can take some effort. However, it’s worth it if you want to change your life, and today’s technology makes it even easier by allowing students to earn their real estate license in Massachusetts online.
The first step to getting you real estate license in Massachusetts is simply to understand what you need to do.
With that in mind, taking a look at the basics is important.
Best Online Real Estate Schools For 2021
Requirements For A Real Estate License In Massachusetts
Before you can take the license exam, you’ll have to complete education that focuses on giving you the skills and knowledge needed to be an effective agent. There are several key components involved here. In order to earn your real estate license in Massachusetts, you’ll have to do the following:
- Complete a 40-hour course from an accredited Massachusetts school. These programs focus on all aspects of real estate and give students the skills for the exam and for working in the field as an agent.
- After this, you can sit for the real estate licensure test. You’ll have to do so within two years of completing your education.
- Finally, you’ll find a brokerage and start selling real estate.
- In order to continue your career further, you can then pursue a brokerage license if you desire, opening your own firm. But for most, just getting their foot in the door with a real estate license in Massachusetts is the primary focus – at least initially.
That’s the process in a nutshell. And it’s worth noting that those 40 hours of training are much less than some other states require – some locations even require as many as 180 hours of classroom education before you can get your license. Because of this, Massachusetts is considered one of the easier locations in which to get a license.
Earning a Real Estate License In Massachusetts Over The Internet
For those who want to earn a real estate license in Massachusetts, even 40 hours can seem like a lot. Working a full-time job, handling family responsibilities, and other factors can all make it harder to fit your education into a busy schedule. But online education can help.
Online learning has exploded in popularity, thanks in large part to the fact that it’s easier than ever to succeed at it thanks to the improved technology. Today, it’s possible for online classrooms to replicate the kind of learning received in the real world. Online education offers numerous benefits:
- Easier scheduling
- More flexibility
- Lower extraneous costs due to commutes, food, and more
- The ability to learn in a relaxed, comfortable environment
- And more
In short, online education makes it easier to get your real estate license in Massachusetts. However, the state does have one big difference from many other locations. When you’re trying to get your real estate license in Massachusetts, the state requires that a large part your 40 hours of training be provided by a live instructor
Other online programs in other states use pre-recorded video to provide the basis for education. But since live instructors are required in order to get your real estate license in Massachusetts, you’ll have to use an online course that goes beyond this. Luckily, laws have been changed and today it’s possible to take the program online.
In these programs, about half of your classroom hours requirements can still be completed using pre-recorded videos, images, and other material. But you’ll have to complete the remaining time in a live webinar. In a webinar, students are all connected to the central hub, where a live instructor delivers a lesson via live streaming video.
This might eliminate a bit of the flexibility from online learning, but not all of it. Consider:
- You can still complete the non-live portions of your education in your free time, which greatly reduces the amount of hassle involved.
- Even with live courses, you can still fit them into your schedule with greater ease. The reason is simple – you aren’t required to head to a classroom. Instead, you just have to be home and have your computer ready to go. This makes it easier to attend even a live class.
- No commute means you’re more likely to attend your webinars, and since your educator is there and live it’s more likely for you to stay motivated and focused on what you’re doing instead of on distractions.
In short, it’s more than possible to earn a real estate license in Massachusetts over the internet. The process may be a little different than other places, but the flexibility means that it’s well worth trying.
The Bottom Line
Your career choice has a huge impact on your life, from your salary to your overall sense of satisfaction with what you do. Becoming a real estate agent could be the perfect way to give yourself all the benefits that a truly great career has to offer.
If you’re thinking of doing so, don’t overlook what online courses have to offer. It’s only recently that those living in Massachusetts have been able to utilize these online courses, and they’re growing in popularity quickly. Those who get their real estate license in Massachusetts over the internet are every bit as skilled and capable as those who earn their license through traditional methods, so don’t feel as though there’s a stigma attached to the process. Your real estate license is out there waiting for you, and these online programs can help you grab it.