Making a major career change often involves taking a risk and putting forth some effort. After all, a meaningful move into a different career will generally ask that you earn a degree through a college or university. Real estate is no different, and while becoming a real estate agent is something that can help improve your income and offer more freedom and satisfaction in your life, the fact remains that enrolling in a real estate program isn’t always that easy to do.
Between a busy schedule, responsibilities, and other factors, there are plenty of challenges that can make it more difficult to complete the required level of coursework to earn a real estate license. However, a real estate online school offers an alternative that more and more people are considering.
But is a real estate online school better than a traditional classroom? It’s a question that many think about before they decide to enroll, and one that certainly deserves a closer look. Here’s a list of some of the highest recommended online real estate schools.
Best Online Real Estate Schools For 2022
The Big Differences
In order to understand the answer to this question, you have to start by understanding just what the differences between the two are. Resources like Colibri Real Estate can make it even more apparent just what is offered by these online programs, but a quick breakdown is all it usually takes to see the standout reasons that they’re worth considering. A real estate online school has several key things that set it apart from a traditional classroom that you’ll want to bear in mind.
- Your Schedule – The most obvious difference – and most would say benefit – that a real estate online school offers is the ability to take courses when it’s convenient to you. In traditional programs, you’re forced to attend classes on a rigid, strict schedule. This means that those holding down jobs will often have to struggle to try to attend the class when they should. But an online system lets you complete the course work in your free time, when it works for you.
- Method Of Learning – This one’s a double-edged sword. With a real estate online school, you will learn in a less traditional manner, using things like streaming video and various text documents to complete your training. Traditional courses require you to learn from a real life instructor, much as you likely did during high school. For some, this lets them learn at their own pace and in their own way. But others may struggle to master certain subjects without a more direct type of teaching.
- Simplicity – With a real estate online school, there’s no long commute, no need to plan out a day around your lessons, and no need to spend money on a lunch when you can eat at home. In short, it’s a simpler option that can actually end up saving you money as well.
It’s also important to remember that today’s online schools are every bit as high quality as traditional classrooms are. That’s thanks to accreditation and a steady increase in the way that online programs are delivered. The bottom line? When it comes to the actual education that you receive, a real estate online school is every bit as good as a traditional classroom. And thanks to the simplicity and flexibility it offers, it’s even better for many people.
However, that is the key to understanding whether or not a real estate online school is actually better than a traditional classroom – knowing yourself and your own capabilities as well as your own personality. Here are a few key things to consider:
- Do you learn well on your own, interpreting information without direct guidance?
- Are you motivated and able to stick to your goals when working on your education from home?
- Can you remain focused and driven even when distractions are obviously nearby?
- Are you confident in your abilities and willing to work hard to complete your training?
In short, as long as you’re someone who understands that online education is still something that requires hard work – and as long as you learn well without direct supervision – you should be able to enroll in an online real estate school and start working towards your dream of being a realtor. The benefits offered by online programs make them a much easier path to a better career than traditional classrooms, and the quality of educational programs remains very high no matter the method with which you learn.
While an online program will be a better choice for millions, there are still some who simply thrive in a traditional classroom. These are in the minority, however, and for almost everyone else, going online is the better option.
Finding Your School
Another thing to keep in mind is that not every real estate online school is created equally. While the basic principle behind each of them remains constant, the reality is that you’ll need to find a real estate online school that offers you the best level of education and the chance to qualify for your license. Here are a few tips to ensure that you find a program that is every bit as good as offline, traditional systems.
- Make sure the school you’re considering enrolling in is fully accredited.
- Check reviews of former students to see what they have to say about their experiences.
- Look into what services and resources are offered following completion of the basic program to ensure that you get support and help towards your ultimate goal.
- Make sure the program offers you the required education in the state you’re enrolling in. For example, KAPRE is a resource that lets you find programs that are located within your area, making it easy to complete requirements and earn a license wherever you are. Some schools may not meet localized licensing requirements.
- Make certain that the real estate online school you’re considering actually offers full online courses. If offline components exist, be sure that they are nearby and possible for you to complete as required.
You can use online resources like Colibri Real Estate in order to locate the different online options available and then review them using the tips above. This will help ensure that you find a real estate online school that is every bit as good as the traditional classroom options.