The average Boston real estate agent can expect to make around $65,000 per year, with this number rising to over $100,000 working full time with years of experience in the field. In order to obtain a Boston real estate license, however, one must meet all the necessary requirements to obtain a license in the state of Massachusetts first. Massachusetts real estate license requirements are about on par with those found in the rest of the United States, consisting of education requirements, age requirement, and the ability to pass a background check.
Online Boston real estate license classes make embarking on this new career path simple for professionals looking to get into another field. While in-person courses can be taken, the approved online courses allow you to study on your own time and prepare for the exam when you’re able. After putting the kids to bed, while dinner is cooking, or on a relaxed day off, you can come back to your studies and simply continue where you’ve left off.
When looking for Online Boston real estate license classes the most important factor to consider is the accreditation of the course you’re considering. In order to be eligible to take the exam and apply for your license, the course you choose must be approved by the Massachusetts Department of Professional Licensure. The Massachusetts Department of Professional Licensure offers a vast array of different online and in-person courses to choose from that let you know your class is accredited and approved.
Best Online Real Estate Schools For 2022
The Requirements For Online Boston Real Estate License Classes
Before enrolling in Online Boston real estate license classes it’s important to make sure you meet the requirements for becoming a licensed Massachusetts real estate professional. The requirements for online Boston real estate license classes and subsequent licensure are:
- Be over the age of 18 – The first requirement to meet before enrolling in Boston real estate license classes either online or in person is the age requirement. In order to begin your journey as a licensed Massachusetts real estate agent one must first reach their 18th birthday and hold a high school diploma or GED.
- Have a social security number – Next, one must have a social security number. A person doesn’t have to be a Massachusetts or necessarily a US resident, but they must have a social security number.
- Complete 40 hours of accredited education – After meeting those initial requirements, you can begin your Online Boston real estate license classes. The state of Massachusetts requires 40 hours of accredited education before one is eligible to take the pre-licensure exam and fill out a license application, and this must be done with an approved program. Real Estate Express has accredited real estate license programs for a variety of states, as well as exam prep courses and convenient license renewal continuing education packages.
- Take and pass the Massachusetts Real Estate Exam – After completing your 40 credit hours at an accredited school, you’ll then take your Massachusetts Real Estate Exam. This exam must be passed with at least 70% on each of the 2 sections in order to be eligible to apply for your licensure. Boston real estate license classes are built to prepare you to pass this exam, and with the proper preparations many do pass on their first try. These tests are held often in testing centers all around not just Boston, but the entire Massachusetts area.
- Get your license – Massachusetts is a bit unique in how real estate licenses are issued within the state. Rather than applying and waiting to receive your license, you are able to get your license immediately upon passing your licensure exam. Simply pay your licensure application fee of $150, and you can leave the center you use to take your exam with your Massachusetts real estate license in hand.
After taking your Boston real estate license classes, passing your exam, and obtaining your licensure, it’s actually quite easy to find work and begin your career as a licensed real estate salesperson within the state.
Why Take Online Boston Real Estate License Classes?
There are several reasons why one would opt for online Boston real estate license classes. The growth and earning potential of a Massachusetts real estate agent makes this an attractive career possibility for already established working adults, and the online classes make this switch a real possibility. When a person is working a full-time job already, it can be exceptionally difficult to juggle in-person school with a busy work schedule while giving proper attention to both. These Online Boston real estate license classes give you the opportunity to get an education without juggling the schedule, so your career possibilities open up as you embark on a new journey.
Online Boston real estate license classes aren’t only for current working professionals, and these make a great option for those looking after families as well. Parents with young children who may have cut back work hours or dedicated their time to caring for their children are not known to have a whole lot of free time on their hands, but many are looking to get back into the workforce as the children grow older. Online classes give parents a way to begin their education while their children are still taken care of at home, and when the children go to school and they’re ready to re-join the workforce, they have a lucrative career there waiting for them.
Online classes are also a great option for young adults who may not want to take a traditional 4-year degree route, but still, want a career with plenty of growth potential. The online courses will allow them to begin their career earlier, or even begin their career and have the means to pay for a 4-year degree while working as a licensed Massachusetts real estate professional. No matter your lifestyle or situation, online Boston real estate license classes give everyone the option and opportunity to take control of their future and make the most of the Massachusetts real estate market.