In the state of Florida, becoming a real estate broker can provide a comfortable living while in a flexible career with plenty of room for growth. Salaries for real estate brokers in Florida continue to rise almost every year, and it’s a very rewarding career as well. Most people who wish to obtain their Florida real estate broker license are already very busy in life (aren’t we all!), so instead of going to a traditional classroom-based real estate course, a growing number of people are choosing to get their Florida real estate broker license online.
The Top 3 Online Florida Real Estate Broker License Courses
You have several options to obtain your Florida real estate broker license online, but here are 3 of the most popular courses and the ones I typically recommend. It doesn’t matter which of these 3 you choose as they are all certified in the state of Florida and are all high quality.
#1: Colibri Real Estate
Colibri Real Estate is one of the most popular online real estate schools in the country and that includes the state of Florida. Many of us, including myself, used Colibri Real Estate to obtain our initial real estate license. It should come as no surprise that they also offer upgrade courses so that you can obtain your Florida real estate broker license online.
For those who haven’t been through Colibri Real Estate before, the training offered is very straightforward. The course content mostly consists of text and doesn’t have much in the way of video training. This could either be good or bad depending on your learning style.
Colibri Real Estate will issue you an instructor that you can reach via email. You’ll also have access to student forums where instructors also help answer questions, as well as live video Q&A sessions. Overall Colibri Real Estate is nothing flashy, but it gets the job done in a very simple and straightforward way.
Check Out Current Pricing Specials For Colibri Real Estate Here
#2: OnCourse Learning
OnCourse Learning is another online real estate school that many of you have probably already heard of. They’ve been in business for over 30 years and have operated in Florida for over 10 years. They have consistently received good reviews and have thousands of students obtain their broker licenses every year.
I think OnCourse Learning is best for those that want a bit more variety in how the content is delivered. While Colibri Real Estate is more of a text-based course, OnCourse Learning mixes it up with some videos, graphics, animations, and even some interactive features. OnCourse Learning also does a great job with their supplemental training that they aren’t required to have. If you are having difficulty on a certain section, they likely have supplemental material that can help and it’s included in the price.
A few different packages are available, but you can also purchase each required course individually and pay for them over time. This helps for those who may be a little tight on cash right now. OnCourse Learning is a great option to consider.
Check Out Current Price Specials For OnCourse Learning Here
#3: The CE Shop
The CE Shop is yet another online professional training organization that has been around for decades. This company provides professional training to many different industries, but they are also a powerhouse for real estate licensing including Florida broker licenses.
All of the courses and packages with The CE Shop include what they call their LEAP program, which is an artificial intelligence software that determines which areas you need more help on. This is proprietary to The CE Shop and doesn’t exist anywhere else. I personally believe this helps to drastically reduce the time required to study, and The CE Shop will continue to quiz you on your weakest areas. The CE Shop is another school that has a good mix of content delivery including text, video, and more.
As of 2020, The CE Shop has over 35,000 students every single month and their online reputation is very good including 4.8 out of 5 stars on TrustPilot, a review service for verified customers. While I listed The CE Shop at the bottom of this list, it should be considered just as much as the other two options.
Things To Keep In Mind When Looking At Online Florida Real Estate Broker Course Reviews
One of the best ways to ensure you’ve chosen the best Florida real estate broker license course is through course reviews. What reviews offer for you is a window into what your experience is going to be like, and what you can expect from any desired program. Reviews and testimonials are written by those who have completed the course themselves, and they outline the experiences they have had during their time completing their course requirements. Naturally, you will want to choose a course that offers the best reviews and an overall positive rating, showing that most people who have completed the course have had a positive experience themselves.
For example, Colibri Real Estate offers an online Florida real estate broker license course program with a rating of 4.4 out of 5 based on a total of over 4100 reviews. This is really a great example of what you should be looking for in your chosen Florida real estate broker license course – an accredited program with a high rating based on a large sample size of reviewers who were verified, students. This shows that the Colibri Real Estate program was considered a positive experience by a vast array of different individuals and that you will be able to expect a similarly positive experience for yourself as well.
The Requirements For Obtaining A Florida Real Estate Broker License Online
Before looking at course reviews in an effort to choose the best program, you should fully understand the requirements for obtaining a Florida real estate broker license first. Each state observes its own requirements for real estate salesperson or broker licenses, and Florida is no exception. The requirements for obtaining a Florida real estate broker license are:
- First obtain a salesperson license – In the state of Florida, a person must obtain a salesperson license before earning a Florida real estate broker license. In order to obtain a salesperson license, you must first be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED equivalent. This age and education requirement is common throughout most states in the United States, and while some states require a 21 year requirement, Florida is one that only observes a requirement of 18.
- Complete 63 hours of pre-licensure coursework to obtain your salesperson license – In order to obtain a salesperson license, you must complete 63 credit hours of pre-licensure education.
- Take the salesperson exam – After completing the 63 credit hours of pre-licensure education, you’re then ready to take your pre-licensure exam. With test prep courses like those offered through Colibri Real Estate, passing this exam with a score of 75 out of 100 or higher should be a confident and simple experience. The Florida real estate law exam should be passed with a score of 30 out of 40 or higher.
- Activate your license – After passing the exam, have your employing broker activate your new license online.
- Get experience – In order to move on to become a Florida real estate broker license holder, you’ll need to rack up some experience. A salesperson must have 2 years of real estate salesperson experience and an active license before pursuing the path of a broker.
- Complete education – In order to obtain a Florida real estate broker license, you’ll then need to carry out 72 hours of pre-licensure courses for Florida brokers. This education experience is much like the one you experienced when obtaining your salesperson license, and at the end of your coursework you will be required to pass an exam in order to be eligible for your broker license. Like the salesperson exam, you must pass with a score of 75 out of 100 or higher.
- Submit your form – After completing education and passing your exam, you’ll then be ready to obtain your Florida real estate broker license by simply submitting the DBPR RE 13 Broker Transactions form.
Why You Should Get Your Florida Real Estate Broker License Online
Obtaining your Florida real estate broker license does take some more work when compared to what is required to obtain a Florida salesperson license – so why carry out the extra work? There are some differences between brokers and salespeople in Florida, and going the route of a broker is a wise choice for those who want to make the sky the limit in their career.
Essentially, a Florida real estate salesperson can buy and sell real estate, but they must work for and with a broker. While they have quite a bit of room for growth in their career, they cannot run their own real estate business or work independently without a broker involved. By becoming a broker, you can still buy and sell real estate, but you may work on your own, run your own business, or work alongside other brokers or salespeople. If you want complete control and independence in your career, the extra effort to obtain a Florida real estate broker license is worth the effort.
Colibri Real Estate allows a person to carry out their entire career using one highly-rated program. You can begin your career as a Florida real estate salesperson, renew your salesperson license for those first two years gaining experience, obtain your broker’s license, and keep your license in good standing, all using the same trustworthy and accredited program. When considering online Florida real estate broker license course reviews, and what a course can offer to your experience, Colibri Real Estate provides a great example.