In the state of Florida, becoming a real estate broker can provide a comfortable living while in a flexible career with plenty of room for growth. On average, the salary for a person holding a Florida real estate broker license is around $36,000 per year, but this number can rise quickly with experience and drive in your career. The option to go online to obtain your Florida real estate broker license provides working professionals, parents, and even young people with a way to obtain their education on their own terms and in a way that works best for their desired learning environment.
Top Rated Online Real Estate Training Courses
Created with Compare Ninja
Looking At Course Reviews
One of the best ways to ensure you’ve chosen the best Florida real estate broker license course is through course reviews. What reviews offer for you is a window into what your experience is going to be like, and what you can expect from any desired program. Reviews and testimonials are written by those who have completed the course themselves, and they outline the experiences they have had during their time completing their course requirements. Naturally, you will want to choose a course that offers the best reviews and an overall positive rating, showing that most people who have completed the course have had a positive experience themselves.
Real Estate Express offers an online Florida real estate broker license course program with a rating of 4.4 out of 5 based on a total of over 4100 reviews. This is really a great example of what you should be looking for in your chosen Florida real estate broker license course – an accredited program with a high rating based on a large sample size of reviewers. This shows that the Real Estate Express program was considered a positive experience by a vast array of different individuals, and that you will be able to expect a similarly positive experience for yourself as well.
The Requirements For Obtaining A Florida Real Estate Broker License
Before looking at course reviews in an effort to choose the best program, you should fully understand the requirements for obtaining a Florida real estate broker license first. Each state observes their own requirements for real estate salesperson or broker licenses, and Florida is no exception. The requirements for obtaining a Florida real estate broker license are:
- First obtain a salesperson license – In the state of Florida, a person must obtain a salesperson license before earning a Florida real estate broker license. In order to obtain a salesperson license, you must first be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED equivalent. This age and education requirement is common throughout most states in the United States, and while some states require a 21 year requirement, Florida is one that only observes a requirement of 18.
- Complete 63 hours of pre-licensure coursework to obtain your salesperson license – In order to obtain a salesperson license, you must complete 63 credit hours of pre-licensure education.
- Take the salesperson exam – After completing the 63 credit hours of pre-licensure education, you’re then ready to take your pre-licensure exam. With test prep courses like those offered through Real Estate Express, passing this exam with a score of 75 out of 100 or higher should be a confident and simple experience. The Florida real estate law exam should be passed with a score of 30 out of 40 or higher.
- Activate your license – After passing the exam, have your employing broker activate your new license online.
- Get experience – In order to move on to become a Florida real estate broker license holder, you’ll need to rack up some experience. A salesperson must have 2 years of real estate salesperson experience and an active license before pursuing the path of a broker.
- Complete education – In order to obtain a Florida real estate broker license, you’ll then need to carry out 72 hours of pre-licensure courses for Florida brokers. This education experience is much like the one you experienced when obtaining your salesperson license, and at the end of your coursework you will be required to pass an exam in order to be eligible for your broker license. Like the salesperson exam, you must pass with a score of 75 out of 100 or higher.
- Submit your form – After completing education and passing your exam, you’ll then be ready to obtain your Florida real estate broker license by simply submitting the DBPR RE 13 Broker Transactions form.
Why Become A Broker?
Obtaining your Florida real estate broker license does take some more work when compared to what is required to obtain a Florida salesperson license – so why carry out the extra work? There are some differences between brokers and salespeople in Florida, and going the route of broker is a wise choice for those who want to make the sky the limit in their career.
Essentially, a Florida real estate salesperson can buy and sell real estate, but they must work for and with a broker. While they have quite a bit of room for growth in their career, they cannot run their own real estate business or work independently without a broker involved. By becoming a broker, you can still buy and sell real estate, but you may work on your own, run your own business, or work alongside other brokers or salespeople. If you want complete control and independence in your career, the extra effort to obtain a Florida real estate broker license is worth the effort.
Real Estate Express allows a person to carry out their entire career using one highly rated program. You can begin your career as a Florida real estate salesperson, renew your salesperson license for those first two years gaining experience, obtain your broker’s license, and keep your license in good standing, all using the same trustworthy and accredited program. When considering online Florida real estate broker license course reviews, and what a course can offer to your experience, Real Estate Express provides a great example.