Making the decision to become a real estate agent in California is one that anyone is unlikely to regret. After all, the state has one of the most diverse markets in the country – and one of the strongest. No matter where in the state you may live, the fact is that there will be a real estate market that can provide you with the opportunity to earn well above the national average and to feel more satisfied and personally rewarded by your career.
But in order to do so, you’ll have to start by taking the time to earn your real estate license in California. It’s a process that will take effort, but that will be well worth it in the end when you consider all that it can provide to you.
If you’re ready for a career change, knowing what to expect from the process of earning your real estate license in California will help you mentally prepare for it, thus making it more likely that you’re able to succeed and enter the field – and thrive in it.
The Basics Of Earning Your Real Estate License In California
As with most states, in order to earn a real estate license in California you’ll have to complete a program that teaches you the skills needed to succeed in the field. Then, you’ll be qualified to sit for the examination and receive your real estate license in California.
Here’s a basic breakdown of the steps you’ll have to take in order to get your real estate license in California and start working in your new career.
- You’ll have to complete a total of 135 hours of education. This involves classes that cover a wide range of subjects, all of them focused on the different aspects of selling real estate. The educational program will train you and ensure that you’re able to pass your license exam and that you’ll thrive when you enter the field and start selling real estate.
- Once you finish the real estate program, you’ll need to apply for the real estate license exam. This also includes receiving a full background check and submitting your fingerprints for filing.
- Once you complete the license exam you can pay the license fee and receive your real estate license in California. From there, it’s just a question of finding a real estate brokerage to work for.
That’s the essential process in a nutshell – take courses, complete the 135 hours, and take the exam. The process will take time, and will involve a considerable amount of effort, but it is the key to entering a career that offers huge rewards – personal and financial.
Earning Your Real Estate License In California Online
135 hours can seem like a lot of time, and when you’re working a job or managing family and other responsibilities, it’s even harder to feel like you can fit your education into your daily schedule. But the fact is that thanks to the rise of online courses, it’s now possible to earn your real estate license in California over the internet.
To do so, you’ll have to sign up for online real estate license courses. These programs deliver the same exact kind of education that you would receive through a traditional class, only through the internet. They work by using email and websites to provide you with video lectures and lessons along with text and images to teach you all you need to know to get your real estate license in California.
You will still have assignments, and those assignments will have deadlines that you must meet. But, unlike traditional classes, you can complete the lesson and the assignments whenever it fits into your schedule. Consider the benefits that this provides:
- Easier to fit your education into your daily routine and schedule
- No need to commute, avoiding frustration and saving on travel costs
- You’ll be learning in the comfort of your own home, creating a more relaxed environment
- It’s easier to stay committed since your lessons are sent to you
In short, you’ll be able to earn your real estate license in California without having to head to classes on a daily basis. Today’s online programs use the latest technology in order to ensure that you get the full education needed, and they’re just as respected and well-regarded as traditional classes are. Once you complete them, you’ll be ready to sit for the exam and pass it, earning your way into the real estate world.
Getting The Most From The Process
If you do sign up for online real estate classes, it’s important to remember that the process is still considerable work. The days of online diploma meals are gone, and sites today like Colibri Real Estate or Rockwell Institute will give you a real education – not a worthless piece of paper.
To help ensure that you get the most from the experience and that you’re able to complete your education and get your real estate license in California, remembering a few basic tips is a good idea. Here’s what to keep in mind.
- Set up a schedule that you can stick to. We’re creatures of habit, and when you get used to completing your coursework at the same time each day it’s much more likely that you’ll stick with it and fall into a rhythm.
- Let friends and family know about your efforts and that you’ll need some time to yourself each day for your lessons. This way you have no distractions when you start your lessons.
- Speaking of distractions, be sure to choose a location that is as free from distractions as possible. The biggest enemy of an online student will be those distractions, and being able to tune them and focus on your schoolwork is vital for your success.
If you’ll keep these basic points in mind you should have no problem signing up for online courses and completing them. Your real estate license in California is waiting for you, and it’s easier than ever to get it thanks to online programs.