Texas has one of the fastest growing populations in the country, and with areas like Austin, Dallas, and Houston all steadily growing, it’s not hard to see why becoming a real estate agent in the state is a decision well worth thinking about. But for many who are already working full-time jobs, making that career change isn’t easy to do.
Luckily, it’s possible to earn a real estate license in Texas online instead of in a real-life brick and mortar class. Doing so could help you fit the process into your busy schedule more easily and allow you to move to this rewarding field. But, you’ll need to be sure to choose the right course to earn your real estate license in Texas online from.
There are numerous options out there, and it’s important to know what it is that you need and to look at the right choices for you. With that in mind, there are three excellent courses that allow students to earn their real estate license in Texas online. Taking a closer look at each of them is well worth doing.
AceableAgent is one of the newest online real estate training programs out there. Normally I recommend sticking with a training course that has a solid reputation over a long period of time, but I’m making an exception for AceableAgent. This is by far the most advanced online real estate training course ever created. Many of the older real estate training courses online are really outdated. They don’t use much in the way of video or virtual classrooms and when they do, it just feels old and outdated. AceableAgent is only approved in a few states right now (Texas being one of them), but this company is giving the older established courses a run for their money. Here are a few additional highlights for AceableAgent:
- This is the best online real estate course for those who want to use tablets or smartphones on the go. They build up dedicated apps for each type of device and it works better than any other online real estate course out there.
- Pass or don’t pay guarantee. AceableAgent is one of the few online real estate license courses in Texas that will actually guarantee you to pass. It’s always good when a company stands behind their product and promises to do exactly what they say they will do.
- As with any high-quality real estate license course, you get access to helpful instructors 7 days per week in case you need any help along the way (and you probably will). Many other real estate schools offer instructor support, but actually getting ahold of them is a whole different story. With AceableAgent you will have very easy access to those resources.
This is the country’s leading online real estate school, and it makes it easy to sign up and complete the training needed to earn your real estate license in Texas online. Some of the biggest benefits of Colibri Real Estate include the following:
- The school uses a wide range of resources to deliver you your education. This includes live weekly training from a real instructor along with online classroom hubs and more. In short, it works hard to recreate the classroom experience online.
- Each student has a dedicated instructor that they can contact through email or phone when they need them. Other courses either only offer email support or charge you an additional fee for phone calls. But Colibri Real Estate allows you to contact them however and whenever you need them.
- The school also makes learning more affordable. Earning your real estate license in Texas online still requires that you pay a tuition, which can often exceed $600 depending on the program you sign up for. Colibri Real Estate allows you to spread those payments out over the course of months, making it easier to pay.
Additionally, Colibri Real Estate has a great pass rate of nearly 80%. That’s an impressive number in the real estate field, and those who want to earn their real estate license in Texas online will find that their odds of doing so are improved here. Simply put, it’s one of – if not the best – schools out there.
3. The CE Shop
One other contender is The CE Shop, which is quickly becoming one of the top real estate schools around.
The CE Shop started out specializing in CE classes for real estate agents. But you will be happy to find out that they also cater to aspiring real estate agents too.
Here are a few of the perks you can enjoy if you work with them:
- The CE Shop believes everyone deserves a chance to become a successful real estate agent. So they offer different real estate training packages to meet every student’s budget and needs.
- All packages include Exam Prep Edge which covers topics for both the National and State exam portions.
- If you’re choosing either of the Value and Premium Packages, you have access to Business Building Courses to help you create a sustainable and profitable real estate career.
- The CE Shop’s Premium package also ensures that your first real estate license renewal is 100% free. Yes, you don’t have to pay a single dime to renew your license for the very first time. The CE Shop will take care of the fees for you!
Another advantage of working with The CE Shop is that you don’t need to look for a new school just to get your CE certificate. They’re practically a one-stop shop for all aspiring real estate agents!
But of course, you’ll need to check out their full offers to know if The CE Shop is the school for you. So hop on to their website and check out their online real estate training packages!
Kaplan is one of the most widely known online real estate programs in the country, and could be the most popular choice available. It has a lower pass rate than the options above, but still offers numerous benefits that set it apart including the following.
- Kaplan is all about live education. It offers live study groups with other students, live instructor training sessions, and more. However, those live sessions don’t count towards the educational requirements in Texas for your license – but they do help you master the information in a big way.
- You have access to a personal instructor, but they are only available via email. Additionally, response times are a bit slower than with the two options above. Contacting an instructor by phone costs additional money.
- All packages completely fulfill the requirements for earning your real estate license in Texas online and provide solid information that you will be able to use to thrive once you enter the field.
- Packages can be as much as $899 in some cases, but more affordable packages exist and allow you to save money while still earning your license.
Kaplan has been one of the industry standards for years, and while it may not be the best, it certainly deserves a look if you’re thinking of earning your real estate license in Texas online.
Which Is Right For You?
So, with all of this in mind, which is the right call for you? The answer here is one that you’ll have to come up with yourself. Think about what it is that you need and want from your educational program and consider how you learn. Then, start looking at what each of the three schools above has to offer. Knowing what you need and then matching it to the program that provides it will be the key for successfully finding the best program.