Texas has one of the fastest growing populations in the country, and with areas like Austin, Dallas, and Houston all steadily growing, it’s not hard to see why becoming a real estate agent in the state is a decision well worth thinking about. But for many who are already working full time jobs, making that career change isn’t easy to do.
Luckily, it’s possible to earn a real estate license in Texas online instead of in a real-life brick and mortar class. Doing so could help you fit the process into your busy schedule more easily and allow you to move to this rewarding field. But, you’ll need to be sure to choose the right course to earn your real estate license in Texas online from.
There are numerous options out there, and it’s important to know what it is that you need and to look at the right choices for you. With that in mind, there are three excellent courses that allow students to earn their real estate license in Texas online. Taking a closer look at each of them is well worth doing.
This is the country’s leading online real estate school, and it makes it easy to sign up and complete the training needed to earn your real estate license in Texas online. Some of the biggest benefits of Real Estate Express include the following:
- The school uses a wide range of resources to deliver you your education. This includes live weekly training from a real instructor along with online classroom hubs and more. In short, it works hard to recreate the classroom experience online.
- Each student has a dedicated instructor that they can contact through email or phone when they need them. Other courses either only offer email support or charge you an additional fee for phone calls. But Real Estate Express allows you to contact them however and whenever you need them.
- The school also makes learning more affordable. Earning your real estate license in Texas online still requires that you pay a tuition, which can often exceed $600 depending on the program you sign up for. Real Estate Express allows you to spread those payments out over the course of months, making it easier to pay.
Additionally, Real Estate Express has a great pass rate of nearly 80%. That’s an impressive number in the real estate field, and those who want to earn their real estate license in Texas online will find that their odds of doing so are improved here. Simply put, it’s one of – if not the best – schools out there.
Another great option is Career Web School. Just like Real Estate Express, it makes it possible to complete your education entirely over the internet and earn your real estate license in Texas online. It also has numerous benefits to help it stand out:
- The school is more affordable, with courses starting at a fraction of what other programs may have available. As such, those on a budget may find that it’s the right choice for them.
- The school uses weekly interactive webinars that are led by their course instructors along with a classroom hub. Information is delivered and then students can use mini quizzes to continue developing their understanding of the material.
- The program uses study sessions that are shorter, no more than half an hour long. This way, small chunks of info are delivered to students to use and understand before moving on, giving you time to master the information. It’s a unique teaching format that continues to get high marks from students.
- The school allows you to interact with your instructors, but only through email. Still, the instructors are responsive and students get answers to their questions quickly.
- Career Web School also has many numerous great reviews in the industry and from former students, helping it stand out as being a program that is respected and that truly delivers you the education that you need to thrive.
For those who want to earn their real estate license in Texas online but need to do so as affordably as possible, Career Web School is a great option that deserves some attention.
Kaplan is one of the most widely known online real estate programs in the country, and could be the most popular choice available. It has a lower pass rate than the options above, but still offers numerous benefits that set it apart including the following.
- Kaplan is all about live education. It offers live study groups with other students, live instructor training sessions, and more. However, those live sessions don’t count towards the educational requirements in Texas for your license – but they do help you master the information in a big way.
- You have access to a personal instructor, but they are only available via email. Additionally, response times are a bit slower than with the two options above. Contacting an instructor by phone costs additional money.
- All packages completely fulfill the requirements for earning your real estate license in Texas online and provide solid information that you will be able to use to thrive once you enter the field.
- Packages can be as much as $899 in some cases, but more affordable packages exist and allow you to save money while still earning your license.
Kaplan has been one of the industry standards for years, and while it may not be the best, it certainly deserves a look if you’re thinking of earning your real estate license in Texas online.
Which Is Right For You?
So, with all of this in mind, which is the right call for you? The answer here is one that you’ll have to come up with yourself. Think about what it is that you need and want from your educational program and consider how you learn. Then, start looking at what each of the three schools above has to offer. Knowing what you need and then matching it to the program that provides it will be the key for successfully finding the best program.