For millions of people, being able to take steps to improve their life is something that’s incredibly important. Often, this means making a career change of some kind, and becoming a real estate agent is one option that is well worth considering.
The state of Washington is enjoying a very robust real estate market and steadily increasing population – two things that make it a perfect place to become a real estate agent.
However, in order to do so you’ll need to complete the basic regulations in place to become a realtor. The Washington state real estate licensing process is easy enough to understand, but taking the steps to do so is a little harder. That’s why online classes have become so popular. Washington is one of the few states that allows you to complete your required training online, and it’s possible to go through the Washington state real estate licensing training over the internet.
Best Online Real Estate Schools For 2022
The Licensing Process
Understanding the basic Washington state real estate licensing process is the first step to completing it. There are a few steps that are required of you when seeking Washington state real estate licensing, including the following.
- You must complete 90 total hours of real estate education within two years. This includes a 60 hour course focusing on real estate fundamentals and another 30 hours in real estate practices. These are the aspects of Washington state real estate licensing that can be completed through online programs like those at KAPRE.
- Once you’ve finished the Washington state real estate licensing training outlined above, you’ll have to register for the broker’s exam and complete it. Only those who undergo the 90 hours of training will be eligible to take the exam. Once you’ve passed it, you’ll be able to take the final steps for licensing.
- The next step is to have your fingerprints taken. Once you complete the exam, you’ll be given a fingerprint card. Take the card to a fingerprinting service approved by the state and have your fingerprints taken there.
- Once you’ve completed all of these steps, you’re ready to complete the Washington state real estate licensing process. Apply for your license through the Washington State Department of Licensing website and you’ll be able to get your license and start working in the field.
As you can see, much of the Washington state real estate licensing process can be handled and completed over the internet. The exam and fingerprints will have to be handled in person, but otherwise, you can complete the majority of the process over the internet. This simplifies the process and puts the chance to become a real estate license into reality for anyone.
Online Learning 101
It surprises many to learn that Washington state real estate licensing can be completed online. If you’re thinking of doing so, you’ll want to take a few seconds to learn more about the basics of how it works and what to expect from it. Here are some of the basic points to know.
- With online Washington state real estate licensing, you’ll complete the basic classwork requirements for your license through email. You’ll be sent email assignments and a deadline, and complete them when you have the time.
- Lessons are delivered via video, text, images, and in some cases through live streaming video.
- Most Washington state real estate licensing programs like those from Colibri Real Estate will include forums that are set up for students which you can join to interact with fellow trainees
- Upon completion of your education you’ll be sent the necessary documents to prove that you’re eligible for the Washington state real estate licensing exam.
In short, you’ll sign up for the program online and complete all of your training over the internet through email, website portals, and forums. Today’s online programs are fully accredited and deliver the same quality of education that you would receive through traditional classes.
It’s important to remember that Washington state real estate licensing programs offered online are still classes and as such you’ll have to meet deadlines and put forth a good amount of work in order to pass your training and to take the Washington state real estate licensing exam. Online courses aren’t a fast and easy way to skip the hard work – they’re just a format of learning designed to make it easier to fit your education into your daily routine.
Benefits of Online Classes
Deciding to complete your Washington state real estate licensing training over the internet is something that will offer a number of rewards to you.
- The flexibility of scheduling allows you to complete your coursework when it fits into your daily routine. Instead of having to rush to class each day, you can complete your education when you have the free time. Deadlines will likely still exist, but the flexibility removes much of the stress of traditional classes.
- Completing your Washington state real estate licensing training online also offers you the chance to learn in a more relaxed, familiar environment – your home. This in turn lets you focus on your education and complete it without the stress that some may feel from learning in classroom settings.
- Online education lets you learn at your own pace, too. If you need to spend extra time on a particular subject, the class won’t move on without you. If you understand something perfectly at first glance, you don’t have to spend an entire class period waiting on the rest of the class to catch up.
- You may even save money over time thanks to the fact that you don’t have to spend extra money on food or transportation.
The bottom line is simple – if you’re thinking of Washington state real estate licensing training and planning on moving into this career field, the online world offers you a lot of opportunities. Sites like KAPRE or Colibri Real Estate can help you find the right program for your needs and let you start moving towards a career that could reward you in more ways than you might realize.