Making the decision to become a real estate agent is a big one – one that will change your life in dramatic ways and help you enter a field that offers big financial rewards as well as numerous personal ones. From more freedom with your life to a sense of satisfaction at helping someone find their dream home, being a real estate agent has plenty of great sides to it.
But in order to become an agent, you’ll have to earn your license. This takes hard work and dedication, and will require that you complete the real estate license test after completing educational requirements. Being able to prepare properly for the exam is a key part of finding success, as is reviewing the basic requirements leading up to and following your real estate license test.
Best Online Real Estate Schools For 2021
Knowing The Requirements Before And After The Real Estate License Test
Each state is different in terms of exactly what the requirements for earning your real estate license will be. However, there are a few basic fundamentals that will be the same, only slightly changing depending upon the location. You can expect some or all of the following to be required of you.
- You’ll have to complete a college level course on real estate before you can even take a real estate license test. These courses cover each aspect of selling real estate, from ethics to contracts to business. And depending on where you are, you’ll have different hour requirements. Some states may require 90 hours of coursework while others could require as many as 145 or more.
- Upon completion of the program, you’ll then need to submit to a background check and submit your fingerprints to a database. This isn’t true in all states, but in the majority of them these two steps must be completed before you can even take the real estate license test. And, background checks and fingerprints are becoming the standard throughout the country.
- Next, you’ll take the actual real estate license test. Your exam will cover everything discussed during your education, and will ensure that you are able to work in the field as a real estate agent in your state.
- Upon completing the real estate license test, your final step will be to pay the license fee and get your real estate license. You will then need to find a brokerage to work for since most states don’t allow new agents to simply sell real estate on their own – a period of supervision for a brokerage is required.
These are the basic steps that you’ll have to complete in order to earn your real estate license. There’s more to the process than just taking a real estate license test, and knowing what’s coming will help you be ready for it.
Using A Practice Real Estate License Test Course
For many, just taking the real estate program can be difficult thanks to the long hours required of them. That’s a key reason that online courses have become so popular – they allow you to take your classwork over the internet.
But whether you complete your education online or in a traditional classroom setting, the internet does still have more to offer to the prospective real estate agent. In particular, an online real estate license test course could be instrumental in ensuring that you get your license.
These online prep courses review all that you’ve learned in your school and culminate in a practice real estate license test. You can take them to make sure that you have the knowledge you’ll need to pass, and using them will also help give you a large amount of confidence so you can go into the real exam ready to ace it.
If you’ve completed your basic education and are about to take the licensing exam, consider using a real estate license test prep course first. It could make a huge difference in your test results and help ensure that you’re able to pass and start working as a licensed real estate agent, no matter what state you live in.
The Top 3 Online Real Estate License Test Prep Courses
Of course, you’ll actually have to find the right online real estate license test prep course for your needs. The idea here is simple – find a prep course that reviews al the relative information and that fully prepares you to take your real estate license test. Passing that exam is a big deal, and a good prep course will make it possible.
There are many online real estate license test prep courses out there, but a few stand out from the pack. With that in mind, here are the top 3 online test prep courses worth considering.
- Real Estate Express – The leading online school for real estate education, Real Estate Express is the best choice for most people. There are educational options for every state that allows online real estate license education, and along with the courses, you’ll find a full real estate license test prep course as well. No other site offers as many tools and resources for acing your exam.
- Mbition – Another excellent choice, CareerWebSchool.com offers a full range of tools that can help you prepare for your exam, complete educational requirements, and more. The site makes it easy to sign up and easy to complete your education, and in today’s world simplicity matters.
- Kapre.com – Kapre has developed a reputation for excellence in online education, and with good reason. The site is intuitive and filled with useful resources, including a real estate license test prep course.
Each of these programs stands out thanks to their ability to give students the confidence and the knowledge needed to take and pass their exams. Getting a real estate license is hard work, but the programs above will help make it easier and ensure that you succeed in the process. A better career is out there waiting for you, and with the right resources passing your real estate license test and entering that new field is easier than you might think.