Online education has quite literally changed everything about the way that we learn and further our futures. That’s especially true for the millions of busy adults who dream of earning a new degree and changing their careers but who have too many responsibilities to fit full-time classes into their daily schedule.
Not all states allow students to enroll in online real estate courses, but one that does is California. And with a robust real estate market that is diverse and offers something for everyone, it’s also one of the best states to become a real estate agent in. However, in order to make sure that you get the best potential future in the industry, you’ll need to make sure you enroll in the best California real estate school online.
There are numerous reasons that you should take the time to seriously consider the best California real estate school online, and plenty of things that help certain schools stand out from other options. You likely already know the numerous reasons that online programs make so much sense – things like the ability to learn at your own pace and to fit your classes into your schedule – but knowing the basics of finding the best California real estate school online is something that some may need to take a little more time with. With that in mind, here’s a closer look.
What Makes A Program The Best
If you’re beginning to consider enrolling in a realtor course, you’ll want to pay attention to several key points that make a particular program the best California real estate school online. To begin with, you can use listings at sites like Colibri Real Estate or KAPRE to get a closer look at the options available to you.
On those sites, you’ll get a breakdown of what each program offers you in terms of coursework, extra features, and overall cost. But which is the best California real estate school online? There are several things that help elevate a program, including the following.
- Meets All Requirements – In California, you must complete a total of 135 hours of education. This includes 45 credit hours in Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Practice, and an additional state approved course. You’ll need to make certain that the program you’re considering offers you the full 135-hour coursework or else you’ll be wasting your time.
- Fully Accredited – Make certain the programs you’re enrolling into are fully accredited by the appropriate organizations. Programs found through sites like Rockwell Instutute will almost always be accredited, but it’s still worth checking on independently to ensure that you aren’t wasting your time.
- Flexible Deadlines – While online education does allow you to complete coursework at periods of time that are convenient to you, it’s important to remember that you’ll still have deadlines that have to be met. These are a reality of any educational program, but some flexibility can help you get more from a program and help it stand out as the best California real estate school online.
- Engaging Content – If you’re going to end up just reading a PDF, there’s a chance that you might not even get to the finish line. When you’re picking an online real estate school, look for a course that offers a variety of teaching methods. The best real estate schools like Colibri Real Estate include video and audio lessons. The PDF is just a bonus feature. It’s a big plus if there are live webinars or Q&A sessions, too!
- Additional Features – Sites like Colibri Real Estate can highlight the additional features you may receive from certain programs. Things like textbooks, student forums, additional support, help finding the next available exam, and more will all be offered by the best California real estate school online. Look into the education basics, but also look at the additional features a program might offer to you.
These are the fundamentals of finding the best California real estate school online. However, it’s not always as easy as just looking at a single website when you’re trying to determine which programs fit the bill. With that in mind, you need to know more about how to actually compare your options and find the best California real estate school online.
Methods Of Finding Your Program
Sites like Rockwell, Mbition, and Colibri Real Estate allow you to take a close look at the different features and basic functions offered by a program. On these sites, you can compare and contrast the costs, the education, and all the extras that a school provides. That information can be invaluable for ensuring that you’re enrolling in the best California real estate school online for your needs.
However, they only go so far. In order to enroll in a program with complete and total confidence, you’ll have to use other resources. To do so, think about utilizing online reviews from previous students. These can help you see what real people have to say about a school. Look for things like:
- How easy the online courses were to receive and complete
- How much additional support is offered during the program
- How easy it is to contact instructors
- How easy it is to solve issues or problems with the system
- What kind of support is offered after completing the basic program
- How their careers went after finishing school
In short, using these online programs to get a better understanding of which is the best California real estate school online will help you make a decision and enroll in the best school possible.
Frequently Asked Questions on California Real Estate Schools
How long does it take to become a real estate agent in California?
On average, you can become a real estate agent in 5 weeks. This assumes that you take 40-hour classes a week to complete the course requirements. Of course, it takes a longer time if you have to retake the licensing exam.
How do you become a real estate agent in California?
Here is how to become a real estate agent in California:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Complete a 135-hour pre-licensing course from a state-approved school
- Pass the course exam (different from the licensing exam)
- Complete a real estate agent application
- Accomplish the Criminal Background Check
- Pass the licensing exam
Is an online real estate course better than a classroom course?
This depends on your preference and technique in learning. If you prefer to learn in person with an instructor in front, classroom-based courses are a better option. However, if the online course offers live webinar classes, then you can also consider this.
If it’s the convenience and flexibility you’re looking for, an online real estate school is a better choice.
It’s also important that you find the best California real estate school online for you, not just the best school in general. With that in mind, consider your own strengths and your situation. Do you need a school that offers additional support when you struggle with a particular problem?
Are you highly motivated or do you need more direct interaction with instructors to stay focused? Can you learn effectively via online methods? Think about yourself and how you learn and then look again at the reviews from former students and the info at sites like Rockwell Institute. Armed with this information, you should be able to determine which is the best California real estate school online for you.
It’s a decision that will impact your life in a big way, and as such it’s something that you should consider very carefully. Keep all of the points above in mind and remember to stay motivated and focused on your education. With the right mindset and the best California real estate school online on your side, you can enter a rewarding career.