Obtaining a Michigan real estate license is a smart choice. First and foremost, those buying and selling real estate professionally and licensed within the state can expect to earn a good salary. Many real estate agents also get into investment properties like rentals or flipping homes, increasing incomes even further. For this reason, and combined with the booming housing market, it’s no surprise why this is something that young people and current working professionals alike are considering as a new and potential-filled career path.
Reviews Of The Top 5 Best Online Michigan Real Estate License Courses
Further down this page, you will find a full list of ALL online Michigan real estate license courses that have been approved in the state for pre-licensing. However, the reviews below are for the 5 best and most popular programs.
AceableAgent is the newest online real estate course to get approved in Michigan. You may be thinking that going with an older and more established online real estate course would be better, but there’s actually a big problem with that. Most of the older schools have become very outdated. Some of them don’t even work on mobile devices or have information so outdated that students end up getting questions wrong on the real estate license exam. This isn’t the case with AceableAgent.
This company first launched its real estate courses in 2017. The entire program was built from the ground up, so you can be certain that the information included in the course is very fresh. They also deliver content in multiple ways. Most online real estate courses in Michigan are filled with page after page of text. Some of them are just hundreds of PDF documents. AceableAgent mixes things up with videos, animations, graphics, and interactive features to help you remember the most important stuff. This has resulted in some of the best student pass rates in the industry.
So, even though AceableAgent is a newer online real estate course, you should still strongly consider going with these guys. They are arguably the best and most modern online real estate course you can take. The video below is an example of what the course looks like on the inside.
VIDEO: AceableAgent Course Demo
Real Estate Express is a great choice and one of the longest-running online real estate courses in Michigan. When you sign up, you’ll be given the contact information for a personal instructor who you can email anytime. Real Estate Express also has forums in the user dashboard to ask questions where other students and real estate professionals can help answer questions for you. And finally, they have live video Q&A sessions with instructors to help you out with any questions you have while going through the course.
While Real Estate Express does have some video training, the vast majority of their course content is delivered via text. Depending on your own learning style, this could be a pro or a con, but if you prefer learning through text instead of video, this course will complement your learning style well. While parts of this course can feel a little outdated, the content is regularly updated. They also have some good supplemental training such as their practice tests.
Real Estate Express offers several different packages depending on what exactly you want. You can also purchase courses individually which helps to spread payments out over a period of time. All of their packages except the lowest package come with a “pass or don’t pay” guarantee. If you go through the course and don’t pass your real estate license exam on the first try, you get your money back.
VIDEO: Real Estate Express Review, Demo, & Sneek Peek
Mbition is one of the largest online real estate license schools in the country. They are certified in almost every state, including Michigan. Mbition feels a bit more modern than many other schools. It works well on mobile devices and the course content itself feels like it is constantly being updated to keep it fresh. You’ll get the course content delivered to you via text, video, and interactive features.
One of the best aspects of Mbition is their supplemental training. This is an often-overlooked aspect of online real estate schools, but a very important consideration. For example, their Exam Prep xL is probably the best exam prep program of any other online real estate course. They also have a great Math Prep program to help students get through some of the more difficult mathematics. Just these two features alone can save students a lot of headaches.
Mbition tends to be a bit lower priced than most other courses as well. So, if you want a course that works well on mobile devices, has great supplemental training, is updated frequently, and has a high student pass rate, Mbition could be a great choice. You can learn more about how they customize your training in the video below.
VIDEO: Mbition Review
4. The CE Shop
The CE Shop is one of the best online Michigan real estate courses if you plan on taking most of the course from a smartphone or tablet. A surprising number of online real estate courses work really bad on mobile devices, but The CE Shop has gone to great lengths to make sure your experience using a mobile device is a good one.
They are also unique in that they try to customize your learning experience as much as possible. For example, when you take a quiz or test, you’ll have individualized feedback based on how well you performed in specific areas. Their exam prep will even curtail the questions you receive based on what areas you struggle in the most. This can save substantial study time and really does help prepare students for the real thing.
Another huge advantage of The CE Shop is its average student pass rate of 90%. What that means is, 90% of all their graduating students pass their real estate license exam on the very first try. We can talk about all the features we want, but what really matters, in the end, is that you pass your exam. The CE Shop is one of the best in the industry at preparing students to pass on the first try. The CE Shop should definitely be a consideration.
VIDEO: The CE Shop Course Demo
Kaplan is a name you’ve likely heard before. This organization has been involved in professional training for decades. You may recognize them due to their many nationwide physical locations, but they also offer real estate education online. While Kaplan tends to be a little more expensive than other online real estate schools in Michigan, part of the reason they are more are due to the quality of instructors they employ. Kaplan claims to have the best and most experienced instructors in the industry.
The majority of the Kaplan real estate course in Michigan consists of plain text, but they do also have some videos and interactive features. Where they really excel is in the virtual classrooms. This is where you get live access to one of their high-quality instructors, and you can also interact with other students as well. Of course, you also have your own personal instructor who can be reached via email with about a 24hr response time.
There are a couple of different packages with Kaplan. The lowest-priced package basically just gives you everything that is required, while the higher-priced package gives you some extras. Those extras are mostly supplemental training and exam prep programs such as their 2-day cram course that you can go through before you take the actual exam. This is a great course for those who want top-notch instructors backed by a solid and proven professional education company.
VIDEO: Kaplan Real Estate Education Review & Sneak Peek
Requirements For Obtaining A Michigan Real Estate License
Before delving into the best online Michigan real estate license course, one should first consider the requirements to become a licensed real estate professional within the state. Each state within the United States observes its own requirements for obtaining licensure, and Michigan is no exception. The requirements for obtaining a Michigan real estate license are:
- Age requirement – Every state observes their own age requirement for obtaining a real estate license, and for Michigan, the age requirement is 18. Most states observe this same age requirement, although some do require prospective real estate professionals to be 21 before embarking on their education and applying for licensure.
- Prerequisite education – Michigan also observes prerequisite education requirements and these state that all prospective real estate professionals must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent before beginning their courses.
- Education requirement – Every state observes their own specific education requirements, and when compared to some other states, Michigan’s are actually quite simple. Each prospective real estate professional must complete a 40 hour Michigan Real Estate Fundamentals course before taking their exam for licensure and this course may be taken online or in-person. Online courses like those at Real Estate Express make completing these 40 credit hours simple as they can be done in your own home, in your own time, and led by you to ensure you absorb and retain all information.
- Take the exam – After completing your education, it’s then time to take your real estate licensure exam. In Michigan, your application should be filed after completing your education courses but before your exam, and once your application is received, you’ll then be notified that it’s time to schedule your exam session. While online Michigan real estate license course programs may be taken online, the exam will be taken in person at testing centers located all around the state. The license application and exam should be filed and taken within 36 months of completing your course education. While some states require a broker to file your application, Michigan does not observe this rule.
- Continued education – Earning your license doesn’t mean your education is over, and you’ll need to continue your education for as long as you plan to keep your license in good standing. Each state has their own continuing education requirements, and you should look at those specific to Michigan to make sure you’re able to keep your license in good standing. Michigan’s continuing education courses include 18 hours of continued education taken and submitted for each 3-year renewal cycle. These 18 course credit hours are broken down into 6 mandatory course hours and 12 elective course hours, and these elective course hours allow you to develop specialty areas in order to better serve your community.
VIDEO: How To Get A Real Estate License In Michigan
Features Of The Best Online Michigan Real Estate License Course
Now that you are acquainted with the Michigan requirements to become a licensed real estate professional, it’s time to look at what makes the best online Michigan real estate license course just that – the best. First and foremost, the best course will show you from the start that the course is high quality, and this is through plenty of easy to read and easy to access reviews. These reviews provide a firsthand look into what you’ll be like to experience during your time in the course, and they’re gathered from all walks of life from people who have had these experiences themselves. A highly rated course that has provided many positive experiences will most likely provide to you a positive experience as well.
Next, you’ll want to choose a course that looks out for you. One of the big benefits of online Michigan real estate license course programs is that you get a personally tailored experience and one that is simpler than the traditional in-person program. The best course will have packages and simple instructions laid out for you, so you can rest assured that you’re on the right path, taking the right courses, and preparing yourself to meet all education requirements in order to pass the exam with ease. These varied packages may include extras like exam prep, they may be catered towards continued education or pre-licensure, but they’ll all make sure you’re getting the exact courses you need.
The best online Michigan real estate license course program will also look after you when it comes to the exam. While the exam may not be taken online and must be taken at an in-person testing facility, that doesn’t mean your course can’t help to prepare you. Online prep courses offered by the best program will provide mock tests and plenty of review, so you can walk into your exam with confidence that you’ll pass on your first try. These prep courses can be reviewed and taken advantage of for as long as you need until you feel that you’re ready to set up an appointment for the real thing.
One program offers all of this and more to those looking to obtain a Michigan real estate license. Real Estate Express carefully outlines all requirements, provides packages, takes care of exam prep, and follows you throughout your entire career. With Real Estate Express, you can begin with pre-licensure, prepare for your exam, and continue your education while using one user-friendly program. Real Estate Express is catered to those who want the online course experience, with student-controlled studies that focus on allowing you to complete your education your way and in your own time.
Full List Of All Online Real Estate Schools In Michigan
- Northwestern Michigan College
- OnCourse Learning
- Real Estate Leadership Academy
- Real Estate Sales Academy
- Real Estate Training For U
- The CE Shop
- Brightwood Career Institute (Kaplan)
- 1 Attempt
- American School of Real Estate Express
- Career Academy Of Real Estate
- Real Estate Training Institute
- Detroit Training Center
- Great Lakes Realty Systems
- Holloway Institute
- Hondros College of Business
- Institute Of Michigan Real Estate Careers
- Michigan Institute Of Real Estate