Quick note! RealEstateLicenseTraining is partnered with the best online real estate schools. When you sign up using our links, we may get a small affiliate commission. Read how we conduct our reviews here.
It’s no secret that online education has totally changed the way that we learn. And over the last several years, as technology has made it easier and easier for students to receive quality educations via the internet, it’s become much more common for additional types of educational programs to appear online.
Today, for example, enrolling in an online real estate course is something almost anyone can do – and something that could help you find a brighter, more rewarding career.
There are numerous benefits that come from enrolling in an online real estate course, including the ability to complete the program when it’s convenient for you, less stress, and more flexibility in how you progress through the course.
But which online real estate course is the best? It’s a question that every potential student will end up asking themselves. After all, the best program will help you be the best realtor. However, there are plenty of options that can meet these criteria, and it’s important to understand the basic fundamentals of what makes a program great before you enroll.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at how you can determine which online real estate course is best. There are several key things to keep in mind, each of which can help immensely.
Best For You, Not Just The Best
Before we break down the specifics of what actually makes an online real estate course the best, you’ll need to understand one simple fact – that what works for someone else may not work for you. You can browse the available online real estate course options at sites like KAPRE, but before you do so you need to have a basic understanding of yourself and your own capabilities and educational requirements.
There are several things that relate to your success at finding the best online real estate course. It’s important to remember that you need to be honest with yourself when you consider what you need from a program. This way you can choose the online real estate course that is best for you, not just the one that is considered the best overall. Here are a few key things to consider about yourself when determining which is the best online realtor course.
- How Do You Learn? – Online learning isn’t quite the same as traditional education. While the principles are the same, an online real estate course will require you to use various tools to learn instead of having a teacher standing over your shoulder. Text, images, videos, and other methods of learning are required when you’re learning online. As such, you need to be sure that the program you’re enrolling into offers learning methods that will work for you.
- What Are Your Goals? – Do you just want to become a real estate agent, or are there additional steps you’re interested in later? Some programs could help you go further, offering you not only the chance to complete an online real estate course but also to take classes to become licensed as an appraiser or home inspector. Sites like AceableAgent can help you see which programs go beyond the basics.
- Where Are You? – Location may not seem to matter when enrolling in an online real estate course, but the fact is that certain programs will only qualify you to become a realtor in your state. As such, you’ll need to compare the course qualifications with your location, otherwise, you could waste a considerable amount of time.
- How Motivated Are You? – Another key thing to think about and consider honestly is just how motivated you are to complete your education. Some online programs may offer faster paths to completion or may take steps to keep you more engaged, while others may be looser in terms of what is required. As such, it’s vital that you figure out just what kind of guidance you need to stay motivated as you work towards your goals.
Finding The Best Online Real Estate Course
Keeping the personal side of things in mind, you’ll also need to pay attention to the primary factors that make a program a good one. There are several things to look for in a program, including:
- Full accreditation, letting you know that you can enroll in the program without worrying that it is delivering a substandard level of education.
- Online only courses. Some programs may actually require you to complete part of the training offline. For those who are busy, it’s better to find programs that are fully online.
- Support following completion of the program matters as well. Look at what systems are in place from the school to help you connect with mentors or to set up a time for the exam. A school shouldn’t immediately stop helping once you graduate.
- Also look into How the education is provided. Do the methods used match your learning style? Are the educators trusted?
Best Online Real Estate Schools For 2022
Tools To Use
Knowing how to find the best online real estate course is only the first step. It’s also important that you actually know what tools can help you track down the course that is best for you. Where this is concerned, there are two primary tools to use:
- Online School Finders – Websites like Colibri Real Estate and Aceable Agent let you generate a quick, easy-to-read list of the different programs available. In doing so you can get a good look at what programs are available to you and which ones are worth your attention.
- User Reviews – Just as other sites online offer the chance to read reviews of products and services written by past customers, there are also plenty of sources online that let past students upload their own thoughts about schools that they’ve attended. Look at these reviews to get a clear idea of what the program is really like. These honest reviews can help be a deciding factor in which course to enroll in.
As long as you pay attention to all of the points above and then use online reviews as well as school listings, you should be able to determine just which online schools are worth your time and money.
Which Online Real Estate Course Is Best – FAQs
How much does an online real estate course cost?
The cost of an online real estate course will vary based on the state you are in. This is because each state has its own education requirements that have to be catered to.
Mandatory hours imposed by states can lead to higher costs, with some courses being just 30 hours long, while others are 100+ hours long.
However, generally, you can find pre-licensing courses ranging between $50 to over $600.
Continuing Education online courses are cheaper due to the reduced course hour requirements.
Are online real estate courses accepted in all states?
Up until recently, many states didn’t accept online real estate courses. However, events over the past few years have led to almost all states accepting online real estate education courses.
That said, while a state may approve online courses, this doesn’t mean all courses will be applicable.
For an online real estate course to be approved, it has to be vetted by the regulatory authority in your state first.
So it’s best to check with the regulators for the approved list of online real estate schools in your state before committing to any.
What are the advantages of online real estate courses?
Online real estate courses have numerous advantages over the traditional classroom-based environment.
Of course, convenience is the chief plus point.
Online courses can be taken at any time, anywhere — allowing you to learn on the go, according to your schedule.
This makes managing your studies with your daily life much easier.
Online learning also often results in a lower price tag.