For anyone in Atlanta interested to get into real estate, this article is for you.
Since you have to complete a pre-licensing course, you might as well go for the best one out there.
But what is the best real estate school in Atlanta, GA?
We’ve got the answer for you here.
We’ll be mentioning both online and in-person schools so that there’s something for everyone.
Are you ready?
The Best Online Real Estate Schools in Atlanta, GA
Gone are the days wherein only in-person classes are available. The option of online education opened up many possibilities for aspiring real estate professionals.
If you’re looking to take this direction, here are the best online real estate schools:
Each school has something different to offer. If you want to find out what these are, read on!
Going with Real Estate Express brings several advantages.
Besides its solid reputation as an online education provider, it also offers a wide variety of courses. In Atlanta, you can fulfill your pre-licensing and post-licensing requirements with Real Estate Express. McKissock, its sister brand, provides Continuing Education courses.
You have the option to complete your pre-licensing course through 2 formats — LiveStream or Online packages.
Attending the LiveStream format allows you to get a virtual classroom experience. You can interact with your instructor and peers in real-time. You will, however, have to follow their schedule.
Online classes give you more flexibility since it’s self-paced. You can take the course from the comfort of your home when you’re most productive.
Both formats offer various pre-licensing packages. For online classes, you can choose between the following:
- The Basics: take the 75-hour pre-licensing course and real estate eBooks. You’ll also get instructor support if you have questions while going through the material.
- Exam Preparation: This gives you everything the Basic package does but allows you to experience exam simulations. You also get a Pass or Don’t Pay Guarantee.
- Exam Preparation Plus: Along with the other package, you get 25 hours’ worth of Post-Licensing courses and access to live Q&A sessions with instructors.
- Ultimate Learning: Besides the other resources, you’ll receive a printed course textbook and a Professional Development Membership for a year.
If you’re on the lookout for a course that has a more modern feel, you can check out AceableAgent. It’s one of the newer providers, but just because it doesn’t have as many years under its belt doesn’t mean it isn’t good.
In fact, AceableAgent got 4.9/5 stars from over 5,000 reviews.
And just in case you have any doubts, it gives you an Ace or Don’t Pay Guarantee. If you don’t pass the licensing exam after three times, AceableAgent will refund your payment.
You have the option to go for any of these pre-licensing packages:
- Basic Package (If You Want the Essentials): includes the 75-hour pre-licensing course and practice exam questions
- Deluxe Package (If You Want to Ace the Exam): besides the contents of the Basic Package, you get additional videos, audio lessons, and digital flashcards. Purchasing this package also gives you access to 1,700 more practice test questions. You’ll get an exam prep eBook to help you prepare for the state exam.
- Premium Package (If You Want the Ultimate Interactive Experience): you get everything included in the Deluxe Package, as well as access to hours of educational videos. You have the option to attend live webinars with other students five times a week. You can also post your questions on social media. One of AceableAgents’ instructors may respond to them during Facebook Fridays.
You can even take AceableAgent’s course through an app. While most online real estate schools say their materials are mobile-friendly (which they are), Aceable actually has its own downloadable mobile app. It makes going through the coursework while on the go SUPER easy.
Mbition is best known for its thorough exam prep courses. Fortunately, in Atlanta, you can purchase this along with the required 72-hour pre-licensing course. It means you don’t need to go with multiple providers.
You can purchase the course on its own, but why do that when you can choose between one of the pre-licensing bundles? One of these may turn out to be a better fit for your needs:
- The Silver Solution: Gives you the 75-hour pre-licensing course and the MathMaster software. Mbition also makes sure you have a lifeline if you encounter challenges — the package comes with an instructor and technical support.
- The Gold Solution: You also get the complete real estate exam prep for Georgia on top of the contents of the Silver Solution. This time, you have the Pass the First Time Guarantee.
- The Platinum Solution: It contains everything the Gold Solution has. In addition, you’ll receive the Real Estate Exam Prep Toolkit and the 9th edition of Georgia Real Estate: An Introduction to the Profession.
If you want a more interactive experience, check out The CE Shop. If you’re not a big reader or have difficulty overcoming walls of text, you may appreciate The CE Shop’s course delivery.
Their LEAP platform provides interesting and engaging lessons. You will run through text, images, videos, games, and more.
It’s also a one-stop-shop where you can take your pre-licensing, post-licensing, and continuing education courses. If you find that The CE Shop’s platform works for you, you can come back and get your other education requirements from them as your real estate career progresses.
When you’re in the process of getting your license, though, focus on your pre-licensing options. The CE Shop offers 4 packages.
- Courses Only — contains the 75-hour pre-licensing course
- Standard Package — adds the Exam Prep Edge
- Value Package — includes 3 business-building courses
- Premium Package — Adds a post-license package with 25 hours’ worth of courses
Regardless of which you choose, you’ll get business eBooks. Experts wrote these, so their information could be invaluable to your business. You’ll also be able to access downloadable resources and digital flashcards.
Last on our list is Kaplan Real Estate Education. It’s another school that serves as a one-stop-shop.
What makes Kaplan unique is it’s known to have the most delivery formats. Depending on which state you’re in, you can choose between 5 options — In-Person Classes, Live Online, Online, OnDemand, and Home Study.
Unfortunately for aspiring real estate professionals in Atlanta, only the online option is available. Don’t worry, though. Although there’s only one format, you can still choose between 3 pre-licensing packages:
- Modern Real Estate Practice in Georgia — gives you the 75-hour pre-licensing course. It focuses on real estate practices you can apply in Atlanta. You’ll also learn about federal and Georgia laws.
- Modern Real Estate Practice in Georgia with Exam Prep — more than the pre-licensing course, you’ll also have access to the question banks for the national and state portions of the exam. It’s also a good option if you’re looking for more interaction because you get to attend interactive study groups.
- Career Launcher Package — includes everything from the Exam Prep package and the Real Estate Accelerator. It’s a live online course centered on crucial skills for business building. You also get 8 weeks of professional coaching, which can be a great source of practical information.
The Best In-Person Real Estate School in Atlanta, GA
Of course, not everyone finds online education the best option. Despite the flexibility and convenience it offers, some students prefer to be in an environment where they can connect with their instructor and peers.
Fortunately, these schools in Atlanta can give you what you need:
- Address: 3200 Cobb Galleria Parkway Suite 290, Atlanta, GA
- Phone: (770) 850 9090
Barney Fletcher Schools is a division of Cape Schools Inc. They offer various courses, so whether you’re aspiring to be a real estate professional or already holding your license, they’ll have something to help you fulfill your education requirements.
You can also choose to upgrade to their “Success Through Learning” program. It provides you all the tools you need to prepare for your real estate license exam. These range from in-person training, taking an online exam simulator, reviewing using on-demand videos, and sharpening your real estate vocabulary through digital flashcards.
- Address: 5784 Lake Forrest Drive Ste. 100, Atlanta, GA
- Phone: (404) 252 6768
If you’re looking for a real estate school with experience under its belt, look no further — Capitus has been in business for over 50 years. Although they started in 1959, Atlanta REALTORS acquired them in 1980. Since then, they’ve been able to help over 15,000 students in Atlanta and beyond.
They also offer their students flexibility. Capitus acknowledges that people have different learning preferences, so they ensured that they’ll be able to cater to all of these. Whether you prefer to do your coursework online or enjoy the entire classroom experience, you can find a program with Capitus.
- Address: 2911 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA
- Phone: (470) 315 315 0488
No matter where you are in your real estate career, Atlanta Real Estate Institute can help you with your education requirements. They offer pre-licensing and continuing education courses.
You can even choose to use their exam prep course to help you prepare for your real estate license exam in Atlanta. After all, there’s no such thing as being too prepared.
Frequently Asked Questions About Real Estate Education in Atlanta
What are the education requirements for real estate professionals in Atlanta?
Education requirements change depending on where you are in your career. When you’re in the process of getting your license, you’ll need to complete the 75-hour pre-licensing course.
Once you’re licensed, don’t think that’s the end of studying. You have to complete 25 hours of Post-Licensing courses. It all needs to happen within the first year after getting your real estate license.
Like all industries, real estate trends change over time. Keeping up with these is vital to your success as a real estate professional. One way to ensure that is for you to take Continuing Education courses. It’s also a requirement for you to get your license renewed. You need 36 hours of CE courses every 4 years.
I have a full-time job, but I need to complete my pre-license requirement. What options do I have?
Real estate schools know that most students work full time while attending classes. It’s why you’ll often find schedules that only last for 3 to 4 hours several times a day.
However, sometimes taking 3 to 4 hours out of your day still isn’t an option. If you’re in this predicament, online real estate school is the best way to go.
Taking a self-paced class means you’ll have access to the coursework 24/7. You can start studying after-hours for as long or as short as you can. If it only means 2 hours a day, then so be it.
The budget’s a little tight. What’s the most cost-effective way to take real estate classes?
Usually, online real estate schools offer a lower rate. That’s one way to save on money.
You also need to assess additional expenses you could potentially acquire. These include transportation fees or money spent on gas or a babysitter if you take in-person classes.
Some Final Words
Choosing to become a real estate agent in Atlanta is a significant decision. As such, you need to ensure that you’re investing your time and money in the right things.
Knowing you’re picking the right school not only ensures you’ll get your money’s worth, but it also allows you to get as many resources as you can now.
With these in mind, plus the information we’ve shared, we’re sure you’ll pick the best online real estate school in Atlanta, GA for YOU.